Author Topic: US gives $260 million in taxpayer money to Central America to curb illegal immigration  (Read 155 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US gives $260 million in taxpayer money to Central America to curb illegal immigration
DATED: MARCH 13, 2023 BY SHARYL ATTKISSON

The following is an excerpt from Judicial Watch's Corruption Chronicles.

In a fruitless effort to curb “irregular migration” from Central America the Biden administration is sending the region hundreds of millions of dollars in humanitarian funding with the unlikely goal that the money will improve life enough to deter its citizens from coming to the United States illegally.

Known as Collaborative Migration Management Strategy, the administration launched the plan in 2021 to address the underlying factors leading to migration, increase humanitarian assistance to alleviate conditions in the region, provide protection to vulnerable populations, create messaging campaigns to deter irregular migration, reintegrate returned migrants, expand lawful pathways to protection and opportunity in the U.S. and enhance asylum processing at the southwest border.

All individuals should be able to find safety and achieve a stable and dignified life within their own country, Biden’s migration strategy says.

As part of that broad campaign to curb migration from the three Central American nations, the administration has doled out more than $260 million in humanitarian funding since April 2021.

The latest allotment of $42.5 million was announced just days ago.

https://sharylattkisson.com/2023/03/us-doles-out-260-million-of-humanitarian-aid-to-central-america-hoping-to-curb-irregular-migration/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The time-tested solution to problems by the commiecrats, throw money at the problem. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson