General Category > Elections 2024

Trump vows to protect seniors from Republicans like Paul Ryan 'disciple' DeSantis

(1/6) > >>

corbe:
Trump vows to protect seniors from Republicans like Paul Ryan 'disciple' DeSantis

by Katherine Doyle, White House Reporter
March 13, 2023 09:36 PM

Former President Donald Trump vowed to protect seniors from “establishment” Republicans if returned to the White House, attacking a top would-be rival on Social Security and Medicare in his first trip to Iowa of the 2024 campaign.

Trump’s focus on entitlements suggests he believes his populist message lends him an edge over the Republican hopefuls weighing their prospects for the nomination.

In Davenport, Trump likened Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) to the failed GOP 2008 presidential nominee, Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT), whom he maligned as a member of “the Paul Ryan Republican establishment,” leaning into a distinction that helped propel the former leader to victory in 2016.

While in Congress, DeSantis “wanted to decimate” Social Security, “severely” cut Medicare spending, and lift the retirement age to 70 years old, Trump said on Monday, noting, “Ron was a disciple of Paul Ryan [who] would constantly vote against entitlements.”

Trump added, “You remember … Democrats used that ‘wheelchair over the cliff' commercial? Very effective. That was about him.”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/trump-seniors-republicans-ryan-desantis

LMAO:
Trump is making it crystal clear that he has absolutely no desire to try to reign in spending

And should he be elected by some miracle, he won’t have the luxury of low interest rates to help hide the true cost of government

Hoodat:
Trump endorses Paul Ryan, John McCain

Dana Bash, Jim Acosta and Jeremy Diamond  |  2:34 PM EDT, Sat August 6, 2016

https://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/05/politics/donald-trump-endorse-paul-ryan/index.html

Hoodat:
I don't recall DeSantis ever endorsing McCain or Ryan.

christian:
If only we can be saved from the evil Trump, we might just be able to be saved by 4 more years of the god saint Biden.  This will be the second time that crap was tried, and the mega secret ?  The second 4 years of Biden being far worse than the first four years.  Will useful fools EVER learn?
Biden wins a second term, more useful fools will go into hiding, as useful fools well should!
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Except these types don't ever want to ACKNOWLEDGE THEIR SHAME.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version