Author Topic: Trump lashes out at DeSantis, says he regrets his endorsement of him  (Read 19360 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump lashes out at DeSantis, says he regrets his endorsement of him
« Reply #450 on: March 23, 2023, 11:30:40 pm »
@catfish1957

I have ZERO problem with Trump and his supporters being VERY aggressive when dealing with the Dims and RINO's.

A better question is "Why do you and others like you love it when it's directed at Trump,and hate it when it is Trump doing it?

One thing is certain,if the RINO's get to determine who is going to run as the Republican Candidate for the WHY,it WILL be a "Miss Manners Republican",and the RNC is going to get handed their asses again.

Trump creates much of his own drama and slings mud at good conservatives --- so he deserves some heat.  I don't relish in the fact that he's digging his own hole.  I think it truly is a shame that he is greatly diminishing his chances and the chances of any GOP being seated.

Unless the RNC has their act together there's not a snowball's chance that the GOP will be seated anyways.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #451 on: March 23, 2023, 11:36:25 pm »
   Took my Thong off for this one, @sneakypete I think many people here are NOT dems or rinos ~ We are Conservatives and Trump and his supporters have made it plain for everyone to see, since his immaculation, that we are not in his political calculation to success, 'The Art of the Deal'.  He'd rather make deals with dems and rinos than deal with principled Conservatives.  We are treated like meaningless bi1ches and his attacks on Cruz in 16 and DeSantis now proves this.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #452 on: March 24, 2023, 12:11:03 am »
Neither Donald Trump, nor Ron DeSantis’s gonna “save America.”  So it comes down to what they can do as president. A president can’t “save America.”

And maybe we’re on an unstoppable decline. I’d  like to think at some point, this will all turn around. And it needs to start at the state and local level. If you’re looking for a president that will “save America,” prepare for disappointment.

Many of these governors are leading the way in their states. Abbott, DeSantis, Noem, and now, Sarah Huckabee Sanders

I still stand my prediction that the next Republican president, I don’t know when, will be a former governor
I stand by my prediction that there will never be another republican elected president (conservative).

Offline libertybele

« Reply #453 on: March 24, 2023, 01:12:48 am »
I stand by my prediction that there will never be another republican elected president (conservative).

I think you are absolutely correct.  The DEMS have a handle on how to steal an election.  We have millions of ILLEGALS crossing the border -- those ILLEGALS will eventually be DEM voters.  It will be mathematically impossible for any GOP to be seated. The GOP knows it, so does the RNC. What we have is an illusion of a two party system.

The only way this Republic is going to be saved is by the people. 

"If freedom is what we want, it is ours for the taking.
Let the Revolution begin".
     - Dr. Ron Paul
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 01:13:35 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #454 on: March 24, 2023, 02:18:48 am »
Unless the RNC has their act together there's not a snowball's chance that the GOP will be seated anyways.

The problem is:. The GOP/RNC "act together" guarantees a globalist, America Last, elitist as the candidate ----- so they'd be choosing the next designated loser.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #455 on: March 24, 2023, 06:55:21 pm »
@catfish1957
A better question is "Why do you and others like you love it when it's directed at Trump,and hate it when it is Trump doing it?

How many times have I said "I don't like Trump BUT this or that is wrongly used in some fashion against him"... I don't want to be hypocritical is the reason I have stated that very phrase a good 50 times or more (just guessing of course) over the years in replies here at TBR.

I still don't like Trump, but right is right and wrong is wrong... pointing out flaws in even one's own candidate is being true to truth (and religiously to the Lord), there is no 100% perfect candidate, though the one I found closest (Roy) was ran down in the ground because of unfounded rumors and lies. Do unto others as you would want done to you... and that includes Trump.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 07:00:42 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #456 on: March 24, 2023, 10:40:45 pm »
How many times have I said "I don't like Trump BUT this or that is wrongly used in some fashion against him"... I don't want to be hypocritical is the reason I have stated that very phrase a good 50 times or more (just guessing of course) over the years in replies here at TBR.

I still don't like Trump, but right is right and wrong is wrong... pointing out flaws in even one's own candidate is being true to truth (and religiously to the Lord), there is no 100% perfect candidate, though the one I found closest (Roy) was ran down in the ground because of unfounded rumors and lies. Do unto others as you would want done to you... and that includes Trump.

@Sighlass

It appears I was wrong to include you in that cabal. My apologies.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #457 on: March 24, 2023, 10:54:39 pm »
@Sighlass

You are wrong to put anyone here in that cabal.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #458 on: March 25, 2023, 12:41:06 am »
You are wrong to put anyone here in that cabal.

@roamer_1

Yeah,causen you have never been critical of Trump,right?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #459 on: March 25, 2023, 02:11:52 am »
@Sighlass

All good, we will clash on something else later. Nothing personal (though I often do wear my heart on my sleeve when I shouldn't). Also as others pointed out, I also feel a nation should take care of it's soldiers, thanks for your service Pete.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #460 on: March 25, 2023, 02:17:44 am »
@roamer_1

Yeah,causen you have never been critical of Trump,right?

Oh no, I am critical of hm all the time... Nearly daily. With just cause.
What your myopic view fails to see is that I have defended him too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #461 on: March 25, 2023, 04:49:24 am »
Oh no, I am critical of hm all the time... Nearly daily. With just cause.
What your myopic view fails to see is that I have defended him too.

@roamer_1

What did you do,write that "He doesn't sweat much for a fat guy!"?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #462 on: March 25, 2023, 05:54:54 am »
@roamer_1

What did you do,write that "He doesn't sweat much for a fat guy!"?

@sneakypete

I have been generally supportive of him in foreign policy.
I began supportive of his border initiatives.
I began supportive of his COVID initiatives.
All along I have been cognizant of the raw deal in the press.
The Jerusalem embassy deal was great - With him all the way.
Never bought the Russia Russia Russia bullcrap.
Never bought the FBI raid and secret documents crap.

And etc.

That's off the top of my head.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #463 on: March 30, 2023, 02:57:28 am »
WTF?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1640756732287746063

Trump says "time will tell" whether Wray was a good choice for FBI director, appointed him because "the other side" wanted him. How can Trump not know that Wray was a disastrous choice? More importantly, if he cannot acknowledge his mistakes, how can we trust him to do better next time?

« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 02:59:07 am by massadvj »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #464 on: March 30, 2023, 10:13:41 am »
WTF?

Trump says "time will tell" whether Wray was a good choice for FBI director, appointed him because "the other side" wanted him. How can Trump not know that Wray was a disastrous choice? More importantly, if he cannot acknowledge his mistakes, how can we trust him to do better next time?

The tweet isn't displaying properly; perhaps this version will:

https://twitter.com/emeriticus/status/1640756732287746063

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #465 on: March 30, 2023, 10:54:50 am »
@sneakypete

And etc.

@roamer_1

I stand corrected.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #466 on: March 30, 2023, 10:57:22 am »
WTF?

@massadvj

I'm a HUGE fan of Link Wray. Maybe it's time  we started putting non-pols in positions like that? The "pros" don't seem to be doing very well.

Offline art.prout

« Reply #467 on: March 30, 2023, 11:29:04 am »
@massadvj

I'm a HUGE fan of Link Wray. Maybe it's time  we started putting non-pols in positions like that? The "pros" don't seem to be doing very well.

You and me both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucTg6rZJCu4

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #468 on: March 30, 2023, 11:44:43 am »
@art.prout

I'll see your "Rumble",and raise you a "Backwoods Preacher Man".

Don't  make  me  go  to "Rocket 88"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJcboxIVha4

Offline art.prout

« Reply #469 on: March 30, 2023, 11:47:32 am »
@art.prout

I'll see your "Rumble",and raise you a "Backwoods Preacher Man".

Don't  make  me  go  to "Rocket 88"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJcboxIVha4

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #470 on: March 30, 2023, 12:28:19 pm »
@sneakypete

And etc.

My list would add appointment of Judges/Justice
But I do think he screwed up to some extent with the documents.  Not enough to justify what the FBI did, but I do think he gave them the opening they needed.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #471 on: March 30, 2023, 01:48:21 pm »
The tweet isn't displaying properly; perhaps this version will:

https://twitter.com/emeriticus/status/1640756732287746063

So he’s not sure that Christopher Wray, who has used the FBI to go after anyone who opposes this administration, was a bad choice or not or FBI Director but regrets endorsing Ron DeSantis? Of course.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #472 on: March 30, 2023, 02:53:40 pm »
Trump's problem is that he's an outsider who wants to fix the inside without knowing a damn thing about how it works.  And he's needlessly alienated too many decent conservatives who could help him do that.

It is impossible to be an effective leader of any large organization without good people skills and the ability to work well with others.   Trump's propensity to turn everything into "me against the world" makes that impossible.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #473 on: March 30, 2023, 03:07:35 pm »
It seems like Donald Trump’s only regret has been endorsing a  conservative for governor

Makes you wonder what other gifts he’s going to give to the “other side” should he get elected?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #474 on: March 30, 2023, 03:57:57 pm »
Trump's problem is that he's an outsider who wants to fix the inside without knowing a damn thing about how it works.  And he's needlessly alienated too many decent conservatives who could help him do that.

It is impossible to be an effective leader of any large organization without good people skills and the ability to work well with others.   Trump's propensity to turn everything into "me against the world" makes that impossible.

When I was a business professor, before I retired, used to have this argument with my colleagues all the time. The business literature is very clear that leadership skills require teamwork, empathy, etc. But there are many examples of autocrats who have been successful leaders. Henry Ford, Steve Jobs, General Patton, Thomas Edison, Lorne Michaels for examples. It is a long list. Clearly, the trick is to match your personality to your leadership style, not to try to fit your personality into a "one size fits all" leadership paradigm that insists on communality.

In other words, if you are a natural born power hungry a-hole, then you need to learn to leverage that, as opposed to trying to repress it.

I would actually point to Trump as a good example of autocratic leadership, since he was a successful entrepreneur, known for a "my way or the highway" approach to managing. I also think on balance he was a successful president.  He succeeds by being irrepressible. I don't think I would want him to be less so.

To me, the Wray appointment shows what happens when an abrasive autocrat tries to appease his enemies by being "inclusive." He ends up getting stabbed in the back, which happened to Trump time and time again. The biggest challenge for an autocrat is to find capable people who put loyalty to the boss above all else. Otherwise he will fail.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 04:14:52 pm by massadvj »