Author Topic: Trump lashes out at DeSantis, says he regrets his endorsement of him  (Read 19537 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: Trump lashes out at DeSantis, says he regrets his endorsement of him
« Reply #175 on: March 16, 2023, 09:39:45 pm »
What were the steps he took to reduce the deficit?  I mean, even if they didn't pass, what were Trump's concrete proposals to do that?

I didn't see him do that the first time around.

His supporters are looking at re-nominating him as a “revenge term.” Look at the language they use. It’s more of taking on RINOs and Democrats than governing. They feel he was ripped off in his first term and they’re not entirely wrong. The two sham impeachments, an investigation based on phony documents, a Hunter Biden laptop story cover up. So  in their minds, he’s entitled to another term so he can get back at his political enemies and theirs. While from Trump’s perspective, that’s understandable, that’s not what you want in a president.

They cannot make the case why Trump should get a second term were he can add another seven, eight, or even $10 trillion to an already out of control debt.

Is DeSantis the guy to do it? I don’t know. But  I know from Trump’s record and current rhetoric he’s not.

Oh sure, you’ll hear claims like “he didn’t know the system during his first term, but he knows it now so now it will be different.” But there’s no indication any of that’s true
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 09:46:36 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2023, 09:49:17 pm »

Is DeSantis the guy to do it? I don’t know. But  I know from Trump’s record and current rhetoric he’s not.

That's right.... Look at it this way: First, do no harm.
I know it takes a loooong time to fix things. I ain't looking for magic.
But at least a fella should be held to preserve the principles he is standing upon.

Can he fix it? Maybe not. But at least he should make it no worse.

The destruction wrought on libertarianism and fiscal conservatism are unconscionable. Egregious.

That cannot be alright. That cannot be rewarded.

Offline corbe

« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2023, 10:02:39 pm »
   If he's reelected, he'll be influenced by the same NY CRAP he was before, Ivanka, Jared and Jr.  He Hired/Fired 3 Chiefs of Staff to make that happen.  Do you think it'll be any different in a second term?  He can't even beat an old fool who didn't even run a campaign. 
   How stoned are you?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2023, 10:14:21 pm »
Although spending is the main issue for me, there are some Trump era issues that he was right on that I want all Republican candidates to embrace.

The border and energy production are the two biggies. And slashing regulations so businesses can have a breather and grow.

At least under Trump I felt good about my 401(k). Under Biden,  I’m thankful if the DOW only drops two or 300 points.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 10:17:47 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #179 on: March 17, 2023, 03:01:16 am »
At least under Trump I felt good about my 401(k). Under Biden,  I’m thankful if the DOW only drops two or 300 points.

No kidding.
 9999hair out0000
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #180 on: March 17, 2023, 04:27:33 pm »
DeSantis is making a good first shot at it, at least in Florida.

InteractivePolls
@IAPolls2022

2024 Florida Republican Primary

• Trump — 47%
• DeSantis — 44%
• Pence — 4%
• Haley — 2%
• T. Scott — 1%
• Pompeo — 1%

Emerson (A-)  | Mar 13-15 | 443 RV
https://emersoncollegepolling.com/florida-2024-trump-and-desantis-in-two-way-race-for-gop-nomination/

6:18 AM · Mar 17, 2023

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #181 on: March 17, 2023, 04:55:32 pm »
@LMAO

The rest of you are clueless fools for thinking you can keep doing the same thing over and over (voting for career political insiders) and get different results.

The voters appear to be figuring out that an establishment candidate is NOT the answer @sneakypete   :crossed:

InteractivePolls
@IAPolls2022

2024 Texas Republican primary polling trends by @CWS_Research

November:
• DeSantis — 43%
• Trump — 32%
• Pence — 5%

January:
• Trump — 36%
• DeSantis — 35%
• Pence — 5%

MARCH:
• Trump — 43%
• DeSantis — 27%
• Haley — 5%

✅ Net 27 POINT swing towards Trump

1:30 PM · Mar 16, 2023

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #182 on: March 17, 2023, 08:33:50 pm »
Polls mean nothing. And less than nothing a full year too early.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #183 on: March 17, 2023, 08:41:02 pm »
Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I am already on the record as saying I will NOT vote for DeSantis regardless of who the Dim candidate is.

My friend, before you go off about reading comprehension problems, you might want to reread that post of mine you just quoted, where I said:

Perhaps not you (I honestly don't remember), but many.

****slapping

« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 08:42:24 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #184 on: March 17, 2023, 09:23:07 pm »
If you believe the Emerson poll, Trump is probably going to lose Florida to Biden.  You'd better hope that is wrong.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #185 on: March 17, 2023, 09:29:56 pm »

Exactly.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #186 on: March 17, 2023, 09:31:15 pm »
I seem to recall that no one thought pre-1976 Jimmy Carter was a viable candidate, either. We still have over 1-1/2 years to go (heaven help us).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #187 on: March 17, 2023, 09:39:18 pm »
I seem to recall that no one thought pre-1976 Jimmy Carter was a viable candidate, either. We still have over 1-1/2 years to go (heaven help us).

Good Lord help us all. I sure as H-E-Double hockey sticks AIN'T looking forward to an extended silly season.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2023, 09:51:53 pm »
My friend, before you go off about reading comprehension problems, you might want to reread that post of mine you just quoted, where I said:

****slapping

@Maj. Bill Martin

I have no problem with reading  comprehension,but thanks to Chemo Brian,I do have memory problems.

My apologies.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #189 on: March 17, 2023, 09:53:26 pm »

@mountaineer

I STILL don't believe that Bozo was a viable candidate.

The DNC must have rigged that election.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #190 on: March 17, 2023, 10:06:33 pm »

Same with Bill Clinton pre 1992

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #191 on: March 18, 2023, 04:47:03 am »
@Maj. Bill Martin

I have no problem with reading  comprehension,but thanks to Chemo Brian,I do have memory problems.

My apologies.

:beer:

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #192 on: March 18, 2023, 10:16:47 pm »
Have we learned nothing from 2016 and 2020?  Trump lashes out, insults and degrades any opponent and his MAGA loyalists follow suit. Evidence of that right here on this page.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline LMAO

« Reply #193 on: March 18, 2023, 11:02:43 pm »
Have we learned nothing from 2016 and 2020?  Trump lashes out, insults and degrades any opponent and his MAGA loyalists follow suit. Evidence of that right here on this page.

Unfortunately, they've convinced themselves this is part of a strategic campaign tactic.

Not all of them. But two in particular.

And, although I wouldn't use the word cult, there is a sort of near messianic hope that he will be the one to "restore America" but never really define specifically what that means beyond their own personal hopes. It's a deep, emotional bond that will never be broken regardless what he does.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 02:24:49 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline corbe

« Reply #194 on: March 18, 2023, 11:19:45 pm »
   I guess the new norm is Reality TV Stars dictate our Presidential Elections.   It's all in the Ratings, I guess. 
   When has ever a Presidential Election unfolded as this one? 

Right out of the gate Trump and his Producers have to decide what direction they want to take this Season.

1. ATTACK the guy that beat ya (Best Option)
   2. Defend Your Record
   3. ATTACK the upstart Gov in your own Party that's gonna kick you a$$
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #195 on: March 19, 2023, 03:37:47 am »

@NavyCanDo

Yeah,you are right. MUCH mo betta to drop your drawers and bend over and spread your cheeks,like the RINO's do.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #196 on: March 19, 2023, 03:30:43 pm »
@NavyCanDo

Yeah,you are right. MUCH mo betta to drop your drawers and bend over and spread your cheeks,like the RINO's do.

There are a fair number of Republica .voters who believe that the tone used towards fellow Republicans should be different from the scoreched-earth tone that may be appropriate against the left.

I know that a lot of Trump supporters believe otherwise, which is one of the reasons why we won't be supporting the same candidates in the primaries.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #197 on: March 19, 2023, 06:53:08 pm »
Trump is similar to one of those little yappy dogs that continuously barks at guest but once someon slaps it on it’s snout, it shuts up and goes to its bed

Trump is still at the yapping stage

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #198 on: March 19, 2023, 07:01:45 pm »

@NavyCanDo you are correct.  The last thing that the GOP needs is a repeat of '16 and '22.  As for the MAGA loyalists, they will never admit DJT's faults; they are delusional.  Yes he was a good president, but to bow down and worship him is ridiculous.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #199 on: March 19, 2023, 07:08:32 pm »
Trump is similar to one of those little yappy dogs that continuously barks at guest but once someon slaps it on it’s snout, it shuts up and goes to its bed

Trump is still at the yapping stage

Fits trump to a tee. A flea bag yapping mutt.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.