Author Topic: Trump lashes out at DeSantis, says he regrets his endorsement of him  (Read 19513 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump lashes out at DeSantis, says he regrets his endorsement of him
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2023, 06:02:27 pm »
The🐰FOO
@PolitiBunny
Would someone close to Trump please tell him that he’s doing exactly what the Left/Democrats want him to? It’s a primary, I get it, but nothing would terrify them more than a Republican primary truly based on the best policies for America instead of a personal pissing match. Thx.
7:03 AM · Mar 14, 2023

Highlighting the DeSantis Congressional record (convientlently left out of his book) is not a "personal pissing match".  It's all about policy differences and RDS's propensity to hide them @mountaineer

Damn important in a primary contest.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2023, 06:05:45 pm »
It's all about policy differences and RDS's propensity to hide them @mountaineer

Damn important in a primary contest.
If Trump actually were focusing on policy differences, I'd say go for it, other potential candidates are fair game. But he's not. He's only engaging in namecalling and hyperbole. DeSanctus. DeSanctimonious. Enough, already.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2023, 06:16:13 pm »
If Trump actually were focusing on policy differences, I'd say go for it, other potential candidates are fair game. But he's not. He's only engaging in namecalling and hyperbole. DeSanctus. DeSanctimonious. Enough, already.

pointing-up

This

We can weigh all the candidates records. And we will also look at Ron DeSantis along with Donald Trump.

This isn’t like, for example, the 1980 Republican primary, were both Reagan and Bush traded jabs over policy differences. This is a former president who is acting like a jilted 15-year-old girl.

This is the same former president who likes Twitter wars with the likes of Rosie O’Donnell, Meghan McCain all to the cheers of his most rabid supporters
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2023, 06:33:55 pm »
pointing-up

This

We can weigh all the candidates records. And we will also look at Ron DeSantis along with Donald Trump.

This isn’t like, for example, the 1980 Republican primary, were both Reagan and Bush traded jabs over policy differences. This is a former president who is acting like a jilted 15-year-old girl.

This is the same former president who likes Twitter wars with the likes of Rosie O’Donnell, Meghan McCain all to the cheers of his most rabid supporters

It's also the same guy who loses his freaking mind if anyone criticizes him.  If you look up "he can dish it out but he can't take it", there's a picture of Trump staring you in the face.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2023, 06:50:02 pm »

Pay attention to what Trump says.....not the reporting of it.  Trump is taking on the DeSantis record across the board. Ron won't be able to run from it for much longer @mountaineer  Maybe his supporters should stop coddlng RDS and advise him to get his stories straight.  If this, too, is too harsh, then at least advise him to wear a cup.

BTW, nothing Trump does is gratuitous, emerging from a vacuum.  RDS handed the "DeSanctmonius" label (shortened to "DeSanctus" by popular demand). This campaign ad is the genesis of the nickname ---- an ad so insulting and cringe worthy it was shredded by both sides of the political aisle and removed within 24 hours.  But, it did tell us a little more about Ron's deeply held opinion of himself.   888blackhat

Video:

https://youtu.be/U9oTBA-MvZk

cc: @LMAO @Maj. Bill Martin

« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 06:56:56 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2023, 06:58:43 pm »
If the world was fair, Trump would be running his campaign from a Jail Cell and Joe Biden would be his cellmate.

But since it is not, we have to listen to two ass holes who ruined the economy tell how great they are.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2023, 07:05:09 pm »
The problem that people like RIV have is that we do have a record when it comes to Donald Trump. We also have a record when it comes to Ron DeSantis

And that’s what we’re gonna be evaluating. Donald Trump’s catty schoolgirl comments non-with standing

What were told by Trump supporters is to ignore the record and just hear what he saying at his rallies or posted YouTube videos
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2023, 07:15:55 pm »
The problem that people like RIV have is that we do have a record when it comes to Donald Trump. We also have a record when it comes to Ron DeSantis.  What were told by Trump supporters is to ignore the record and just hear what he saying at his rallies or posted YouTube videos

That is exactly the problem.  I don't trust him on policy, and even if I were to trust him, I believe he is incapable of putting together the coalitions necessary to enact those policies, or to appoint enough intelligent, conservative people to do even a half-assed job through regulations.  It's just him -- and apparently Mike Lindell and a few others -- against the world.  Great.  Freaking fills me with confidence.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2023, 08:01:15 pm »
I knew he had no idea what this word meant. 

Trump said he nicknamed DeSantis “Ron DeSanctimonious,” in reference to the lack of gratitude he claimed that DeSantis has shown after Trump bolstered his political rise.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/03/13/trump-pence-iowa/

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2023, 08:27:49 pm »
The problem that people like RIV have is that we do have a record when it comes to Donald Trump. We also have a record when it comes to Ron DeSantis

For starters, Trump has a record of four years of peace and prosperity.  You're damned right he's going to run on it. 

As for RDS, you haven't got his true and full record --- yet    @LMAO

And the next time you comment on me, how about you man up and ping me to your post?  Or is this asking too much of you?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2023, 11:28:06 pm »
I knew he had no idea what this word meant. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/03/13/trump-pence-iowa/

Trump is psychologically  collapsing. Everyone outside his base can see it even if they don't

But, he will probably be the nominee and go on to loose to Biden or whoever the Democrats run. We just have to  make sure we keep our small House majority

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2023, 11:44:36 pm »
The🐰FOO
@PolitiBunny
Would someone close to Trump please tell him that he’s doing exactly what the Left/Democrats want him to? It’s a primary, I get it, but nothing would terrify them more than a Republican primary truly based on the best policies for America instead of a personal pissing match. Thx.
7:03 AM · Mar 14, 2023

@mountaineer

Given all the RINO's in business with  their Dim pals,*I* would be surprised to see this happen.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2023, 11:45:52 pm »
A president is tied to a previous administrations budget, probably in their first year of their presidency.

His defense of Trump’s spending binge does not pass the reality check

@LMAO

HorseHillary!  The bills that are unpaid at the end of the fiscal year carry on into the next year.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2023, 11:52:10 pm »
No, you're being a spoilt little child.  Sorry, sauce for the goose is sauce for the ganger.  All of the Trump supporters got their undies in a super-duper twist about people saying that if Trump was the nominee, they would not vote for him, and those people were accused of secretly supporting, first Clinton (in 2016) and then Biden (in 2020).  So now that the shoe's on the other foot, you get hoist on your own petard.

@Kamaji

Trump ran against Clinton? In what universe did this happen?

And frankly,I don't give a rabid rats ass what party drones like you think because your loyalty seems to be directed more to the RNC than to America.

Guess what,Bubba. A large number of our elected Republican officials are in bed with  the DNC.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2023, 12:10:23 am »
@Hoodat

Announcing he is COMPETING with Trump for the  top spot isn't stabbing him in the back after the "name recognition boost" that Trump gave him by announcing he would pick him for VP?

@sneakypete

First off, DeSantis made no such announcement.  Secondly, Trump hasn't asked DeSantis to be his VP.  It would be foolish if he did since it would mean he would forfeit Florida's electoral votes in 2024.  And third, DeSantis is already governor of the third most populous State in the country.  There is no "name recognition boost" that Trump could give him.

Three false statements in a single claim.  Three.  And not one of them addresses the original question.  For the third time, how did DeSantis stab Trump in the back?  Please cite something that actually happened instead of making shit up on the fly.  Something that would constitute a betrayal of some sort, i.e. a backstabbing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2023, 12:12:09 am »
Trump ran against Clinton? In what universe did this happen?

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2023, 12:21:53 am »
Pay attention to what Trump says.....not the reporting of it.

You mean like when Trump says that Planned Parenthood does a lot of good things?  Or when Trump says that Charlie Crist had good numbers?  Or when Trump recites Democrat talking points on Social Security?  Or when Trump says running up huge debt is good?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2023, 12:26:18 am »

It’s so childish. And entirely unnecessary.
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)

Online corbe

« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2023, 12:45:35 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmPf97rgoU4

I saw this movie back in 2016.  I think Sen Cruz was the costar.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2023, 01:05:17 am »
DeSantis hasn't even announced yet, and Trump is already coming out guns a blazin'. Makes me wonder whether that CNN poll today showing Desantis in the lead has some credibility.

It might matter to Trump that DeSantis is being "disloyal," but I don't think it matters to very many Republican voters.  Personally, I want DeSantis on the ballot. The more the merrier as far as I am concerned.

If Rand Paul would run, I'd be exceptionally happy.

Online corbe

« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2023, 01:52:29 am »
   Rand Paul would make a great Treasury Secretary in a Desantis Administration and Cruz a great AG in 2024. 

Trump will be our Ambassador to the UN. He always wanted that piece of property, now's the time, close it down.  Hell we financed the old Post Office in DC, we'll finance that too!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2023, 02:13:12 am »
It’s so childish. And entirely unnecessary.

Have you ever wondered why Republicans candidates lose elections @debrawiest ?    In large part it's because Republicans allow their opponents to not only define them, but also allow their opponents to blatantly rewrite their own hagiographies. Trump doesn't play this game; never has.  Eveyone knows this.

BTW, it also does DeSantis no favors to whine ad nauseam that his opponent is being too mean to him.  This only makes it even more difficult to believe RDS is ready to be the leader of the free world and a viable threat to the rest of it.  Just thought you should know.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2023, 02:26:23 am »
Have you ever wondered why Republicans candidates lose elections @debrawiest ?

Have you ever wondered why Trump zealots post lie after lie after lie when anyone challenges Trump's celebrity?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2023, 02:52:19 am »
@sneakypete

First off, DeSantis made no such announcement.

@Hoodat 

Seriously? Hasn't his campaign made an announcement that he is getting ready to make an announcement?

Secondly, Trump hasn't asked DeSantis to be his VP.

Gee,I wonder why?

It would be foolish if he did since it would mean he would forfeit Florida's electoral votes in 2024.  And third, DeSantis is already governor of the third most populous State in the country.  There is no "name recognition boost" that Trump could give him.

WTH was THAT about?

Three false statements in a single claim. Three.

You made them,you explain them.

And not one of them addresses the original question.  For the third time, how did DeSantis stab Trump in the back?

By running against Trump for the office of President in the upcoming Presidential elections.

You are NOT as retarded as you are trying to appear,even if you are starting to sound like a RINO or Dim smear doctor. You know all this,but think you are being clever by repeating the same lies over and over because you KNOW a certain percentage of people will believe them.

Do you get paid for being pimped out by DeSantis?

Please cite something that actually happened instead of making shit up on the fly.

I could never compete with a spin doctor like you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2023, 03:11:06 am »
@sneakypete

For the fourth time, how did DeSantis stab Trump in the back?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-