Author Topic: Trump lashes out at DeSantis, says he regrets his endorsement of him  (Read 19359 times)

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/13/trump-lashes-out-desantis-regrets-endorsement-00086861

Former President Donald Trump is intensifying his attacks on Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, calling him disloyal and saying that his political career would have been over had he not endorsed his ultimately successful 2018 campaign.

“He was dead as a dog, he was a dead politician. He would have been working perhaps for a law firm or doing something else,” Trump told a small group of reporters aboard his plane on Monday afternoon en route to Iowa, where he was to make an appearance that evening.

Asked if he regretted endorsing Ron DeSantis for governor in 2018, Donald Trump responded: “Yeah maybe, this guy was dead. He was dead as a doornail.” | Alex Brandon/AP Photo

By ALEX ISENSTADT

03/13/2023 05:25 PM EDT

Former President Donald Trump is intensifying his attacks on Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, calling him disloyal and saying that his political career would have been over had he not endorsed his ultimately successful 2018 campaign.

“He was dead as a dog, he was a dead politician. He would have been working perhaps for a law firm or doing something else,” Trump told a small group of reporters aboard his plane on Monday afternoon en route to Iowa, where he was to make an appearance that evening.

Asked if he regretted endorsing DeSantis for governor in 2018, Trump responded: “Yeah maybe, this guy was dead. He was dead as a doornail…I might say that.”

Trump spent nearly ten minutes going after DeSantis, who is widely viewed as his most formidable challenger for the Republican nomination. The Florida governor, who is expected to launch his campaign following the end of the state’s legislative session in May, has been embarking on a swing of early primary states to promote his newly released memoir — including in Iowa, where he appeared on Friday.

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Hoodat

Re: Trump lashes out at DeSantis, says he regrets his endorsement of him
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 12:29:47 am »
Trump is working overtime to convince me to support DeSantis.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023, 12:30:57 am »
I would be surprised if he didn't call him out after being virtually  stabbed in the back politically by him.

If DeSantis wins the Republican nomination,I will NOT be voting for him.  He has just proven he can't be trusted.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 12:41:57 am »
I would be surprised if he didn't call him out after being virtually  stabbed in the back politically by him.

Stabbed in the back?  How so?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2023, 12:46:47 am »
Stabbed in the back?  How so?

@Hoodat

You are kidding,right?

Nobody outside of Florida knew who DeSantis was until he was hooked up with Trump and everybody became convinced he would be a good VP candidate for Trump and a good man to take over after Trump has to leave office after one more term.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2023, 12:49:54 am »
@Hoodat

You are kidding,right?

Nobody outside of Florida knew who DeSantis was until he was hooked up with Trump and everybody became convinced he would be a good VP candidate for Trump and a good man to take over after Trump has to leave office after one more term.

@sneakypete

Again, how did DeSantis stab Trump in the back?  Please be specific.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2023, 02:13:23 am »
There are two things that are making an already thin skinned Trump meltdown

First, DeSantis is a threat. People like Hogan, Haley have no chance

Secondly, DeSantis has a record of being more of a deficit hawk and Trump wants to spend and grow the debt
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2023, 03:14:24 am »
@Hoodat

You are kidding,right?

I'm just going to point out that Trump himself has absolutely trashed DeSantis, calling him a "RINO Globalist", trashing his policies on COVID, and now saying he shouldn't have endorsed him.  And those comments have been cheered on by a great many Trump supporters, including some here   Perhaps not you (I honestly don't remember), but many.

So I always find it odd when many of those same people say he should be Trump's VP in 2024, or would be a great successor to Trump in 2028.

I don't get it.  If he's truly a RINO globalist, etc., as Trump says, then why would any Trump supporters want anything to do with the guy as veep in 2024 or as President in 2028?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 03:18:28 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2023, 03:47:34 am »
@Hoodat hrar
Dar
You are kidding,right?

Please. Just because he wasn't on your radar that doesn't mean that others were ignorant of his existence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2023, 05:44:33 am »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2023, 12:08:53 pm »

Why should I vote for a person who lost to Joe Biden?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online LMAO

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2023, 12:18:15 pm »

And who wants to continue Biden’s spending binge
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2023, 12:20:52 pm »
Trump is so pathetic.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2023, 12:24:50 pm »
Trump is a sick man.  He needs a safe room to get away from himself.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2023, 12:35:26 pm »
Living rent free, catty cheerleaders everywhere taking notes.
The Republic is lost.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2023, 12:35:56 pm »
And who wants to continue Biden’s spending binge

Bingo
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2023, 01:03:20 pm »
@sneakypete

Again, how did DeSantis stab Trump in the back?  Please be specific.

@Hoodat

Announcing he is COMPETING with Trump for the  top spot isn't stabbing him in the back after the "name recognition boost" that Trump gave him by announcing he would pick him for VP?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2023, 01:05:35 pm »

If DeSantis wins the Republican nomination,I will NOT be voting for him.  He has just proven he can't be trusted.

Supporting the largest generator of fed debt in POTUS admin history?  Even on an inflation adjusted basis? 

Have at it.  Really getting a good idea who here are populist who care nothing about fiscal poicy versus those who are true conservatives.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2023, 01:06:40 pm »
@Hoodat

Announcing he is COMPETING with Trump for the  top spot isn't stabbing him in the back after the "name recognition boost" that Trump gave him by announcing he would pick him for VP?

That's the f'ing silliest thing I've read here in weeks
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2023, 01:08:07 pm »
@Hoodat

Po widdle baby Twumpee.  Such a thin-skinned little snowflake.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2023, 01:08:55 pm »

Or hired Anthony Fauxci, after claiming I only hire the best.  How did that work out for the world?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2023, 01:09:35 pm »
There are two things that are making an already thin skinned Trump meltdown

First, DeSantis is a threat. People like Hogan, Haley have no chance

Secondly, DeSantis has a record of being more of a deficit hawk and Trump wants to spend and grow the debt

@LMAO

An outright lie. He wants the economy  to grow,but so does everyone else. He does NOT want to increase the debt,but will have no choice in the matter,thanks to Slow Joe and his RINO butt-buddies spending  bills that he,or whoever else becomes the next President will have to deal with.

The FACTS are the Dims and their RINO boyfriends WANT the economy to crash so they can pass legislation that will give them total,Soviet-style control over the economy.

It is the  career leftist politicians and their banker pals that want this. No one else.

And you can bet your bippy that they are going to write and pass a BUNCH of spending bills right before the next election.

We either elect an outsider that can't be bought or bribed instead of a career politician,or America is over after the next election.

Online LMAO

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2023, 01:13:40 pm »
Po widdle baby Twumpee.  Such a thin-skinned little snowflake.

Besides, DeSantis hasn’t even announced

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2023, 01:14:58 pm »
@LMAO

An outright lie. He wants the economy  to grow,but so does everyone else. He does NOT want to increase the debt,but will have no choice in the matter,thanks to Slow Joe and his RINO butt-buddies spending  bills that he,or whoever else becomes the next President will have to deal with.

The FACTS are the Dims and their RINO boyfriends WANT the economy to crash so they can pass legislation that will give them total,Soviet-style control over the economy.

It is the  career leftist politicians and their banker pals that want this. No one else.

And you can bet your bippy that they are going to write and pass a BUNCH of spending bills right before the next election.

We either elect an outsider that can't be bought or bribed instead of a career politician,or America is over after the next election.

Trump’s statements and record as president prove otherwise

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2023, 01:15:22 pm »
I'm just going to point out that Trump himself has absolutely trashed DeSantis, calling him a "RINO Globalist", trashing his policies on COVID, and now saying he shouldn't have endorsed him.

And that is who DeSantis is now that he has "Presidential lights" in his eyes.

And those comments have been cheered on by a great many Trump supporters, including some here   Perhaps not you (I honestly don't remember), but many.

So I always find it odd when many of those same people say he should be Trump's VP in 2024, or would be a great successor to Trump in 2028.

And he was,before he saw the bright  lights in his eyes and started his campaign because he didn't want to wait another 4  years to be President. Trump "made him" a major player by saying he would choose  him for his VP running mate,and now DeSantis is showing his true character by stabbing Trump in the back.

I don't get it.  If he's truly a RINO globalist, etc., as Trump says, then why would any Trump supporters want anything to do with the guy as veep in 2024 or as President in 2028?

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I am already on the record as saying I will NOT vote for DeSantis regardless of who the Dim candidate is.