Author Topic: Trump lashes out at DeSantis, says he regrets his endorsement of him  (Read 20249 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Trump lashes out at DeSantis, says he regrets his endorsement of him
« Reply #325 on: March 21, 2023, 07:16:14 pm »
He'll likely be the nominee. Who at this point in their right mind is going to run against him? 

Haley already has declared, but I don't see any way DeSantis doesn't declare at this point.  He'd look like he was scared of Trump if he didn't, and the guy doesn't seem like he's shied away from a fight his entire life.

I thought before that he'd run a campaign that ignored Trump's personal/personality issues, and just focus on policy and the fact that Trump is too old.

I think now that he's going to go after Trump much harder, and call him out as a fraud on things like Covid.  I also think he may go after him for encouraging January 6, and then calling for more protests now, which result in ordinary Americans being jailed while Trump lives in luxury.

Probably won't endear him to the MAGA faithful, but that ship has likely sailed anyway. Trump deserves to be opposed, and it would be an embarrassment to the GOP if he went unchallenged.  I just hope whomever chooses to do so doesn't pull any punches.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 07:17:43 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #326 on: March 21, 2023, 07:41:47 pm »
Haley already has declared, but I don't see any way DeSantis doesn't declare at this point.  He'd look like he was scared of Trump if he didn't, and the guy doesn't seem like he's shied away from a fight his entire life.

I thought before that he'd run a campaign that ignored Trump's personal/personality issues, and just focus on policy and the fact that Trump is too old.

I think now that he's going to go after Trump much harder, and call him out as a fraud on things like Covid.  I also think he may go after him for encouraging January 6, and then calling for more protests now, which result in ordinary Americans being jailed while Trump lives in luxury.

Probably won't endear him to the MAGA faithful, but that ship has likely sailed anyway. Trump deserves to be opposed, and it would be an embarrassment to the GOP if he went unchallenged.  I just hope whomever chooses to do so doesn't pull any punches.

Personally, I don't think Desantis would look weak at this juncture if he decided to not run.  He has so far not reacted directly to Trump's attempts to get a rise out of him, and has responded rather evenly, so I think that would carry him through; most reasonable people would probably realize that he doesn't want to get dragged into Trump's personal shitshow, and would respect that sentiment.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #327 on: March 21, 2023, 08:35:02 pm »
Personally, I don't think Desantis would look weak at this juncture if he decided to not run.  He has so far not reacted directly to Trump's attempts to get a rise out of him, and has responded rather evenly, so I think that would carry him through; most reasonable people would probably realize that he doesn't want to get dragged into Trump's personal shitshow, and would respect that sentiment.

I absolutely agree.  DeSantis shouldn't feel pressured to run.  He has a family with young children to think about as well.

Personally, I still don't see him running. I would like to see our good governor stay right where he's at.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #328 on: March 21, 2023, 08:45:25 pm »
I absolutely agree.  DeSantis shouldn't feel pressured to run.  He has a family with young children to think about as well.

Personally, I still don't see him running. I would like to see our good governor stay right where he's at.

:thumbsup:

Based on how he's proceeding so far, I think he has everything to gain, and nothing to lose, by staying as Florida governor for now and building up his networks and the political capital he will need to call upon as president to get things done in D.C.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #329 on: March 21, 2023, 08:48:24 pm »
I've got news for you folks.

NONE of this matters!

If our elections aren't cleaned up NO Republican candidate will ever be elected president again!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #330 on: March 21, 2023, 09:04:59 pm »
I've got news for you folks.

NONE of this matters!

If our elections aren't cleaned up NO Republican candidate will ever be elected president again!

Yes, pretty much what I've been saying for awhile.  Without election integrity, the GOP doesn't stand a chance.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #331 on: March 21, 2023, 09:06:36 pm »
You appear to be stuck in 2016.  Just trying to help you catch up  :shrug:

@Right_in_Virginia
Not at all... Just that nothing has changed - the loudmouth a****** that lied through his teeth about Cruz is the very same loudmouth a****** that is lying through his teeth about DeSantis.

Predictably, btw... Which is why character counts.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #332 on: March 21, 2023, 09:08:17 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia
Not at all... Just that nothing has changed - the loudmouth a****** that lied through his teeth about Cruz is the very same loudmouth a****** that is lying through his teeth about DeSantis.

You are so right @roamer_1

Offline LMAO

« Reply #333 on: March 21, 2023, 10:22:00 pm »

I think yours is probably the most likely scenario. Let Trump have the nomination you’re going to lose the general. If, and when he loses, I think more and more people’s patience with him will wear out.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #334 on: March 21, 2023, 10:28:05 pm »
Yes, pretty much what I've been saying for awhile.  Without election integrity, the GOP doesn't stand a chance.

I wouldn’t go as far as to say that they don’t stand a chance, but there are definitely obstacles in place that the Democrats put in place with Covid that greatly benefits them. And especially after that fiasco in Arizona in 2022, we need to clean up our elections

Third World countries have smoother elections and we’ve had in the last two years. A poster, I don’t recall who, wrote seven point list on what we should do to clean up our elections and I wholeheartedly agree with everyone of them. How the hell can you straight face allowing voting for people who don’t have a traceable address or ID?

I’m not one of those that have dove headfirst into the “Trump was robbed” narrative. But a lot of the voting that was put in place for Covid did  benefit Joe Biden.

Any election reforms are going to have to put in place over the howling and whining about the Democrats and the press

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #335 on: March 21, 2023, 11:01:33 pm »
Well guys, I don't normally gloat about being right, but it looks like I read the Piers Morgan article about three hours before it was published....

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,494527.0.html

:tongue2:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 11:06:25 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #336 on: March 21, 2023, 11:10:50 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #337 on: March 21, 2023, 11:18:35 pm »
And Rude.....

Just so we cover 98% of all the content of one particular Briefer.

@catfish1957

Some posters are simple folk,and  need to be reminded.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #338 on: March 21, 2023, 11:19:40 pm »
Saw in an earlier, post....   though after researching it seems Donald used words or allegations of "grooming".  So 6 of one or half dozen of another I guess.

@catfish1957

Depends entirely on context.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #339 on: March 21, 2023, 11:21:47 pm »
So what? That ain't the point.

@roamer_1

Well,yeah,it is the point.

How would YOU respond if you were slandered on a daily basis like Trump?

Context is everything.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #340 on: March 21, 2023, 11:23:33 pm »
@catfish1957

Some posters are simple folk,and  need to be reminded.

Orange and rude. I think we've got it down pat @sneakypete

So, who cares??? He's the spray tan man, with a big mouth that resorts to bullying.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #341 on: March 21, 2023, 11:24:51 pm »
@roamer_1

Context is everything.

Oh come on, Trump brings on his own troubles.  He thrives on attention.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #342 on: March 21, 2023, 11:25:21 pm »

@libertybele

Yeah,good thinking!

The left gets away with this BECAUSE nobody on the right fights back.

Well,to be completely honest about it,it doesn't hurt the left that they own or control damn near every  major media outlet in the  country.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #343 on: March 21, 2023, 11:31:07 pm »
@roamer_1

Context is everything.

@sneakypete

Not by slandering others as Tumpy does. Especially in the case of DeSantis, who has hardly said a peep one way or the other.

The point is that TUMPY, not others, is lying like a rug trying to take out Desantis.
And you want me to vote for that.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #344 on: March 21, 2023, 11:35:13 pm »
@libertybele

Yeah,good thinking!

The left gets away with this BECAUSE nobody on the right fights back.

Well,to be completely honest about it,it doesn't hurt the left that they own or control damn near every  major media outlet in the  country.

Soros backed - that's nothing new  --- people need to wake up. A little late I'd say @sneakypete

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #346 on: March 22, 2023, 01:28:42 am »

https://twitter.com/hotairblog/status/1638350316390195202

Nice to hear from the grownups for once.

Stay the course Ron.   Wallow around in the mud with orange pigs, and you get muddy too.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #347 on: March 22, 2023, 02:23:21 am »
Nice to hear from the grownups for once.

Stay the course Ron.   Wallow around in the mud with orange pigs, and you get muddy too.

Sigh…

You still don’t seem to understand and accept that Donald Trump is orange, rude, and rich

A year in reeducation camps should help with your mindset and attitude

Barry Goldwater

Offline Joe Btfsplk

« Reply #348 on: March 22, 2023, 01:09:19 pm »

I wouldn’t go as far as to say that they don’t stand a chance, but there are definitely obstacles in place that the Democrats put in place with Covid that greatly benefits them. And especially after that fiasco in Arizona in 2022, we need to clean up our elections

Third World countries have smoother elections and we’ve had in the last two years. A poster, I don’t recall who, wrote seven point list on what we should do to clean up our elections and I wholeheartedly agree with everyone of them. How the hell can you straight face allowing voting for people who don’t have a traceable address or ID?

I’m not one of those that have dove headfirst into the “Trump was robbed” narrative. But a lot of the voting that was put in place for Covid did  benefit Joe Biden.

Any election reforms are going to have to put in place over the howling and whining about the Democrats and the press

Given democrat corruption in key locations, any GOP potus candidate needs to have at least a 5 to 7 percent cushion to overcome it.  See: Kari Lake in AZ

Trump is never going to get anywhere near that.  DeSantis may not either, but I think he would do better. 

On a related note, does anyone find it funny that dems no longer whine about the Electoral College?  Now that they have corrupted it (by just controlling key states like GA and AZ?
A wise man's heart goes to the right, but a fool's heart to the left.
~Ecclesiastes 10:2

Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
or you yourself will be just like him.
~Proverbs 26:4

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #349 on: March 22, 2023, 02:05:15 pm »
Given democrat corruption in key locations, any GOP potus candidate needs to have at least a 5 to 7 percent cushion to overcome it.  See: Kari Lake in AZ

Trump is never going to get anywhere near that.  DeSantis may not either, but I think he would do better.

On a related note, does anyone find it funny that dems no longer whine about the Electoral College?  Now that they have corrupted it (by just controlling key states like GA and AZ?

Turnout is always going to be a problem with Donald.  To change the state voter laws, the party has to outperform the democrats at early in-person voting, mail in voting, and ballot harvesting (where legal) ... for at least one cycle, in every purple and blue state.  There is no question these tactics provide a decisive boost.  Historically this has not been a problem for republicans.  Since 2016, the populist wing has surrendered many elections while they distract themselves with dark fantasies  from internet cranks (for example, the election workers are 100% democrat, and will automatically discard your ballot unless you vote on election day).  I do not believe Trump will ever adapt to modern elections.  He will cast doubt on early voting, and his supporters will be outnumbered.