General Category > Elections 2024

Trump lashes out at DeSantis, says he regrets his endorsement of him

(1/101) > >>

Timber Rattler:
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/13/trump-lashes-out-desantis-regrets-endorsement-00086861

--- Quote ---Former President Donald Trump is intensifying his attacks on Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, calling him disloyal and saying that his political career would have been over had he not endorsed his ultimately successful 2018 campaign.

“He was dead as a dog, he was a dead politician. He would have been working perhaps for a law firm or doing something else,” Trump told a small group of reporters aboard his plane on Monday afternoon en route to Iowa, where he was to make an appearance that evening.

Asked if he regretted endorsing Ron DeSantis for governor in 2018, Donald Trump responded: “Yeah maybe, this guy was dead. He was dead as a doornail.” | Alex Brandon/AP Photo

By ALEX ISENSTADT

03/13/2023 05:25 PM EDT

Former President Donald Trump is intensifying his attacks on Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, calling him disloyal and saying that his political career would have been over had he not endorsed his ultimately successful 2018 campaign.

“He was dead as a dog, he was a dead politician. He would have been working perhaps for a law firm or doing something else,” Trump told a small group of reporters aboard his plane on Monday afternoon en route to Iowa, where he was to make an appearance that evening.

Asked if he regretted endorsing DeSantis for governor in 2018, Trump responded: “Yeah maybe, this guy was dead. He was dead as a doornail…I might say that.”

Trump spent nearly ten minutes going after DeSantis, who is widely viewed as his most formidable challenger for the Republican nomination. The Florida governor, who is expected to launch his campaign following the end of the state’s legislative session in May, has been embarking on a swing of early primary states to promote his newly released memoir — including in Iowa, where he appeared on Friday.
--- End quote ---

Hoodat:
Trump is working overtime to convince me to support DeSantis.

sneakypete:
I would be surprised if he didn't call him out after being virtually  stabbed in the back politically by him.

If DeSantis wins the Republican nomination,I will NOT be voting for him.  He has just proven he can't be trusted.

Hoodat:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on March 14, 2023, 12:30:57 am ---I would be surprised if he didn't call him out after being virtually  stabbed in the back politically by him.

--- End quote ---

Stabbed in the back?  How so?

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Hoodat on March 14, 2023, 12:41:57 am ---Stabbed in the back?  How so?

--- End quote ---

@Hoodat

You are kidding,right?

Nobody outside of Florida knew who DeSantis was until he was hooked up with Trump and everybody became convinced he would be a good VP candidate for Trump and a good man to take over after Trump has to leave office after one more term.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version