Author Topic: NY teacher forced girl, 9, to use male pronouns — causing suicidal thoughts  (Read 790 times)

Online Kamaji

NY teacher forced girl, 9, to use male pronouns — causing suicidal thoughts: suit

By Priscilla DeGregory
February 28, 2023

A Long Island teacher “forced” a 5th-grade girl to go by a male name and pronouns, confusing the child so much that she had suicidal thoughts, a lawsuit alleges.

Debra Rosenquist — a 5th-grade teacher at Terryville Road Elementary School in Port Jefferson Station — started calling the 9-year-old Leo and using opposite gender pronouns toward the beginning of the 2021-’22 school year, according to a lawsuit filed in Suffolk County Court by the child’s parents last month.

The parents say they were only clued in about what was happening in January 2022, when the school principal called them telling them their child – referred to in court papers as A.V. – had drawn a picture of a girl, writing “I wanna kill myself” and “I feel sad like a lot,” the filing claims.

The principal also informed the parents that A.V. had even met with the school psychologist telling the mental health worker that she “was confused about her gender identity,” the court papers say.

Despite Rosenquist, 62, having referred to the student “for months at that point” as Leo, it was only during the Jan. 27, 2022 call that the parents were asked for the first time if this name was okay, the suit claims.

The parents were supportive “as long as it was A.V. who had requested the name change,” the filing said.

But they had doubts she had asked to be called Leo to identify as a boy — in the past, she been called that by a friend but in reference to her astrological sign.

A.V.’s parents also became concerned when they saw complaints against Rosenquist on Facebook, claiming the teacher had been reported for abuse but that the school district had done nothing about it because she was tenured, the suit alleges.

During a deeper dig into the social media comments, the parents found that Rosenquist didn’t follow the school curriculum and taught her students about transgender people and told kids to “try being gay” or try going by the opposite gender, the suit claims.

The educator even made her own LGBTQ+ book called “I Am Neither” for her 9 and 10-year-old students and assigned a book called “When Aiden Becomes a Brother,” according to the lawsuit.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/02/28/ny-teacher-forced-5th-grader-to-go-by-male-pronouns-suit/

Online Kamaji

9999hair out0000   9999hair out0000

This one needs to be strung up by her own entrails.

Online Kamaji

The child abuser herself:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Are the parents still sending their daughter to Terryville Road Elementary School?

If so.... WHY...?

Online DB

All I can say is anyone who demands I use some made up pronoun will get an F'off from me. I just don't care anymore what they think.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I'd like to smack that pucker across the floor.... errr, I mean give her a friendship cookie of course.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline mountaineer

‘Horrifying’: Huge Proportion Of Children Pursuing Gender Transitions Are Actually Autistic, Experts Believe
...     Adolescents with autism are overrepresented in the youth transgender population, and some medical professionals attribute this to autism spectrum traits such as obsessive thinking, vulnerability to body image issues and a sense of social rejection and isolation during adolescence.

Dr. Susan Bradley, a Canadian psychiatrist who began working with gender dysphoric children in the 1970s, said she believed most of the children who sought gender transitions had high-functioning autism and were being exploited by the medical industry.

“When somebody happens to mention that, you know, they’re trans or they hear about trans kids and go online, even if all they do is say, ‘I wonder if I’m trans,’ a lot of these kids are automatically accepted. ‘Well, you must be trans if you’ve even thought about that.’ And for them, that is a very helpful reaction, because all of a sudden, they feel as though that explains all of the trouble all the way along,” Bradley told the DCNF.  ...
Browbeating a child who already has issues - whether mental illness or autism - that he or she is in the wrong body doesn't seem very helpful.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
‘Horrifying’: Huge Proportion Of Children Pursuing Gender Transitions Are Actually Autistic, Experts BelieveBrowbeating a child who already has issues - whether mental illness or autism - that he or she is in the wrong body doesn't seem very helpful.
It is typical of predators to pursue those who are weak, however that is manifested.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Kamaji

It is typical of predators to pursue those who are weak, however that is manifested.

Exactly.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Somebody correct me if I am wrong,but aren't public school teachers public employees who can be fired for incompetence?

And if reassigning gender to their minor students isn't incompetence or insanity,I don't know what is.

They might as well claim the moon really is made of cheese,and that what is up is really down,and what is down is really up.

Hell,they should be in insane asylums,not class rooms.

Probably a good thing for everybody that I don't have minor children in schools.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Are the parents still sending their daughter to Terryville Road Elementary School?

If so.... WHY...?
Probably sic'ed the CPS on the parents if they pulled her out. At least that's what happened with me many years ago...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Somebody correct me if I am wrong,but aren't public school teachers public employees who can be fired for incompetence?

And if reassigning gender to their minor students isn't incompetence or insanity,I don't know what is.

They might as well claim the moon really is made of cheese,and that what is up is really down,and what is down is really up.

Hell,they should be in insane asylums,not class rooms.

Probably a good thing for everybody that I don't have minor children in schools.
This is New York. The unions control the entire public sector, making it virtually impossible to fire a corrupt government employee.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Kamaji

This is New York. The unions control the entire public sector, making it virtually impossible to fire a corrupt government employee.

Yup; basically.