Author Topic: ‘You’re in the room for a reason’: How to stop doubting yourself at work, says Linda Fagan, first wo  (Read 189 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
GET AHEAD
‘You’re in the room for a reason’: How to stop doubting yourself at work, says Linda Fagan, first woman commandant of the Coast Guard
Published Fri, Mar 10 20239:15 AM EST

She knew she’d join the Coast Guard as a teenager, but “my long-term plan was graduate, be an officer,” she says. “That was it.” Forty years later she’s leading the organization, having made history in June 2022 when she was appointed the first woman commandant of the Coast Guard — and the first woman to lead any of the U.S. military branches. She oversees 42,000 active-duty, 7,000 reserve and 8,700 civilian personnel, as well as tens of thousands of volunteers.

Throughout her decades-long military career, Fagan came to realize that “it’s not a job,” she says, “it’s so much more than that. It’s lifestyle. And it’s a calling. It’s serving something greater than self.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/10/meet-admiral-linda-fagan-first-woman-commandant-of-the-coast-guard.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Throughout her decades-long military career, Fagan came to realize that “it’s not a job,” she says, “it’s so much more than that. It’s lifestyle. And it’s a calling. It’s serving something greater than self.”

And it's woke! :cheerlead:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.