Author Topic: MARINE CORPS LAUNCHES SOFTWARE FACTORY  (Read 140 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MARINE CORPS LAUNCHES SOFTWARE FACTORY
« on: March 13, 2023, 03:55:21 pm »
MARINE CORPS LAUNCHES SOFTWARE FACTORY 
Posted on March 10, 2023 by Seapower Staff

Release from U.S. Marine Corps Deputy Commandant for Information Communication Strategy and Operations Office

March 10, 2023

AUSTIN, Texas – The Marine Corps established the Marine Corps Software Factory (MCSWF) to create a world-class Marine-led software development capability today, March 10, 2023. 

The future operating environment will require Marines to scope and implement software-based solutions at the edges of the battlefield without connectivity or assistance from centralized or contracted support. 

The MCSWF enhances Marine Corps modernization efforts by empowering Marines to develop applications for commanders at the speed of relevance.

“Our Marines have an amazing capacity for understanding complex technologies. We must empower our Marines to use that technological know-how to create a more lethal force,” stated Gen. David H. Berger, 38th Commandant of the Marine Corps. “The Marine Corps is fielding more complex systems and platforms right now, and we must invest in our Marines’ and Civilian Marines’ capacity to advance in parallel.”  

https://seapowermagazine.org/marine-corps-launches-software-factory/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson