Author Topic: Was the Silicon Valley Bank Collapse Caused by Climate Activism?  (Read 321 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Was the Silicon Valley Bank Collapse Caused by Climate Activism?
17 hours ago Eric Worrall 159 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

“… SVB recognizes the significant societal, ecological and economic threats of climate change. … We enable entrepreneurs with inventions and new businesses that reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and take seriously the responsibility to reduce our own. …” – SVB ESG Report 2022 Section 8

Pinkerton: Green, Woke, and Now Broke — How SVB Became the 2nd Biggest Bank Failure in U.S. History

Go Woke, Go Bust

Oh so woke, oh so green, oh so diverse Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) just went bust.

One can go to its website—still up for who knows how much longer—and see that it claimsassets of $212 billion. But as they say, the bigger they are, the harder they fall; and so SVB makes for the second largest bank failure in U.S. history. 

Speaking of ‘splaining, SVB officials will need to answer a lot of questions, including, What role did wokeness play in SVB’s failure?

Another term for wokeness, of course, is ESG, which stands for environmental, social, and governance. ESG is a pertinent question, as there’s a considerable body of economic literature showing that woke investments aren’t good investments. For instance, one study by professors at the London School of Economics and Columbia University finds that:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/03/12/silicon-valley-bank-collapse-caused-by-managerial-esg-climate-activism/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: Was the Silicon Valley Bank Collapse Caused by Climate Activism?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 11:54:45 am »
Know this repetitive, but I would be amiss by not reminding Briefers that there alternatives to the Nasty Fink ran Blackrock's  out there, and the other ESG laden agenda VC ilk.

Don't forget capital gains, and other investment implications, but if there are other options, if they are viable in your case.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 01:32:51 pm »
SVB had NO head of 'risk assessment' for nine months before it collapsed ... as woke boss for Europe, Middle East and Africa was busy organizing a month-long Pride campaign and a 'Lesbian Visibility Day'

Story at Daily Mail.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 01:33:26 pm »
SVB had NO head of 'risk assessment' for nine months before it collapsed ... as woke boss for Europe, Middle East and Africa was busy organizing a month-long Pride campaign and a 'Lesbian Visibility Day'

Story at Daily Mail.

Get woke, go broke.  Literally, in this case.