Author Topic: Slate Shows It Doesn’t Understand the Difference Between Weather and Climate  (Read 110 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Slate Shows It Doesn’t Understand the Difference Between Weather and Climate
By Anthony Watts -March 7, 20231

An article in Slate suggests that the fact that some locations have experienced winter weather events this year that are unusual for them, is evidence climate change is causing weird weather. This is false. Every year different places around the globe experience atypical weather, they always have. Unusual weather events have never occurred in predictable patterns, and there is no evidence during the recent period of modest climate change, that extreme weather events are becoming less predictable or weirder, or increasing in frequency.

In the article, This Winter’s Weird Weather Goes Beyond Climate Change, associate writer Shirin Ali, makes several errors by using leaps of logic that renders the entire article completely false.

First, the article contradicts its own headline in the beginning paragraphs:

https://climaterealism.com/2023/03/slate-shows-it-doesnt-understand-the-difference-between-weather-and-climate/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson