Author Topic: Baseball 2023  (Read 36554 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Baseball 2023
« Reply #300 on: October 22, 2023, 01:52:54 pm »
https://twitter.com/jakedc6/status/1715847172153905599?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

This is personal. 9999hair out0000  Change my mind.

They don't like teams from flyover country showing them up! Won't stand for it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #301 on: October 22, 2023, 02:09:20 pm »
https://twitter.com/jakedc6/status/1715847172153905599?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

This is personal. 9999hair out0000  Change my mind.

Unless MLB rules have changed he can appeal the ruling  and stay in uniform through out the post season.  Then take his two days off at the beginning on next season, which isn't shit for a reliever.

But this is bullshit, there is no reason on earth the team would risk the entire season on this matter.  Now....  if was 10-0, and in the late innings?  Now that's another point to discuss.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #302 on: October 22, 2023, 08:34:46 pm »

Bothersome to me is the fact now that Abreu has now lost the inner 1/3 of the plate to this farce.  Anything close is going to be construed as a bean ball attempt.

I hope a few Houston fans tonight can bait this hot head, and maybe have him rush the stands.  $10 says he's roided POS.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #303 on: October 22, 2023, 10:00:11 pm »

Exactly, plus still exacting revenge from the Astros. This irks the snot out of me. I'd love to hear how those incompetent umps decided that the Astros would deliberately hit a base runner late in a PLAYOFF game that gets us closer to the World Series would be smart baseball. The Astros didn't get where they are by playing dumb baseball. How exactly did they come to that decision?

Please, Lord, let the Astros win another World Series so we can enjoy the spectacle of Rob Manfred getting booed at 95 decibels in MMP.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #304 on: October 22, 2023, 10:01:05 pm »
MLB Playoffs 2023: Complicated legacy of Astros' Jose Altuve
Jeff Passan - ESPN

HOUSTON -- HERE, JOSE ALTUVE is safe. From the boos and hisses, the anger and loathing, the emotion his mere existence conjures. This man, baseball's smallest player and yet one of its biggest stars, lives a binary existence. He is a villain in 29 stadiums. And then he comes home.

Here, in this proud and protective city, Altuve is not a hero. He is the hero, the face of the Houston Astros, the reigning World Series winners intent on becoming the first back-to-back champions in Major League Baseball this century. When Altuve steps to the plate in the bottom of the first inning tonight in the sixth game of the American League Championship Series against the Texas Rangers, the sold-out crowd at Minute Maid Park will rise and fete him -- and with good reason. The Astros are one win shy of the World Series because of Altuve's latest opus, a go-ahead three-run home run in the ninth inning of Game 5 that should burnish his legacy.

Altuve's, though, is a legacy already written. In Houston, he can't be touched; outside of it -- fair or not -- he is defined by the Astros' actions in 2017, when they implemented a sign-stealing scheme en route to the franchise's first World Series title. It matters not that several of his 2017 teammates say Altuve declined to use the system in which Astros employees banged on a trash can to inform hitters when an off-speed pitch was coming, nor that an analysis of regular-season games that year validated such claims.

How MLB handled the franchise's scandal -- the league validated the championship and opted not to punish the players despite commissioner Rob Manfred's report twice referring to the scheme as "player-driven" -- did Altuve no favors. He receives justice by voice box. The criticism never abates, except along the I-10 corridor from San Antonio into Louisiana and especially in Houston, where orange clothing connotes membership in a group that treats Altuve with a particular sort of veneration. Outside of it, the general public believes what it wants to believe.

Nearly four years after the breadth of the Astros' cheating was exposed, the stain on Altuve is indelible. He lives with it -- with the public perception about his involvement with the trash can bangs, with the charges that his knowledge of the system amounted to complicity no matter his level of involvement.

"I just don't really have a lot to say about it," Altuve told ESPN earlier this month. "I play for these guys, for my team. We have a big opportunity to win again. I want to put all my energy toward winning for my team versus getting distracted by paying attention to other things."

Continued at link   https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38711912/mlb-playoffs-2023-astros-jose-altuve-alcs-world-series-legacy

The slimy SOB literally screamed to his teammates not to tear off his jersey as he was trotting toward home plate...because HE WAS WIRED...a "buzz" or stimulus as to what kind of pitch was coming.

EFF JOSE ALTUVE!  Hope they get crushed tonight.

That said, I'd give him an intentional walk ...bottom of 1st inning.  :bolt:    :laugh:

« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 10:07:48 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #305 on: October 22, 2023, 10:04:26 pm »
Unless MLB rules have changed he can appeal the ruling  and stay in uniform through out the post season.  Then take his two days off at the beginning on next season, which isn't shit for a reliever.

But this is bullshit, there is no reason on earth the team would risk the entire season on this matter.  Now....  if was 10-0, and in the late innings?  Now that's another point to discuss.

Yes, he can appeal, but he shouldn't even be facing suspension. He should never have had to leave the game. Garcia is just a big titty baby who was sitting at the ready for some kind of drama. I get that it hurts to be hit. But how you choose to react reveals who you are. I want the sorry Rangers to head north with their hearts heavy.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #306 on: October 22, 2023, 10:12:28 pm »
Jeff Passan - ESPN

Continued at link   https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38711912/mlb-playoffs-2023-astros-jose-altuve-alcs-world-series-legacy

You can entertain yourself with Pissant's article. I'm not in the mood for yet another one of these pieces. I'm sure it's good for clicks by the haters. I'm weary of the incessant carrying on.

Please, Houston. Make America Mad Again!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #307 on: October 22, 2023, 11:21:31 pm »
@DCPatriot

YOU are so FOS your eyes are brown!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #308 on: October 22, 2023, 11:23:28 pm »
@DCPatriot

@Bigun

:yowsa:    888high58888    :beer:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #309 on: October 22, 2023, 11:26:47 pm »
@DCPatriot

@Bigun   :beer:

Just trying to get us talking beisbol, that's all Earl!

LOL!  I would have him batting leadoff for the Orioles in a New York Minute! 

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #310 on: October 23, 2023, 03:31:26 am »
Jeff Passan - ESPN

All I needed to see was "ESPN" to parse the integrity of this article.  As left leaning woke-meisters, coastal mentality, and your strong knowledge of the game, I am really surprised you'd stoop to citing them with any substance or authority.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #311 on: October 23, 2023, 09:09:06 am »
All I needed to see was "ESPN" to parse the integrity of this article.  As left leaning woke-meisters, coastal mentality, and your strong knowledge of the game, I am really surprised you'd stoop to citing them with any substance or authority.

Come on man...I posted an article about Jose Altuve.

When @mystery-ak  stops posting articles from The Hill and Politico, I'll ease up on Jose.    happy77

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #312 on: October 23, 2023, 01:04:19 pm »
I've been out of town since Thursday night, so I haven't had a chance to watch any of the games this weekend.  Looks like I missed some good ones.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline berdie

« Reply #313 on: October 23, 2023, 11:08:04 pm »
Alright guys, I know most of ya'll are 'Stros fans. I'm a Rangers fan. However...

It's a win win to me if either team goes to the Series. It's always fun when a Texas team gets there. :laugh:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #314 on: October 24, 2023, 12:55:32 am »
Can anybody picture the number of television network execs, getting ready to jump out their office windows?

A possible Arizona Diamondbacks versus Texas Rangers World Series???   

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #315 on: October 24, 2023, 02:25:26 am »
Alright guys, I know most of ya'll are 'Stros fans. I'm a Rangers fan. However...

It's a win win to me if either team goes to the Series. It's always fun when a Texas team gets there. :laugh:

@berdie

Looks like Congratulations are in order for the Texas Rangers...leading 10-2 middle of 6th inning.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #316 on: October 24, 2023, 02:41:07 am »
ASTROS need to score 9 runs with only 8 outs to give. 

Altuve may only get 1 more plate appearance...and that's if somebody gets on base and doesn't get doubled off.

...and Bregman just hit a double.

...and WTF???  did everybody go mute?          :2popcorn: :2popcorn:     :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 02:42:22 am by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #317 on: October 24, 2023, 03:28:18 am »
Does George W. Bush still maintain partial ownership of the Rangers? 

And that SOB Altuve hit it over the railroad tracks in his last PA (plate appearance)

RANGERS 11    ASTROS 4   
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 03:31:08 am by DCPatriot »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #318 on: October 24, 2023, 03:50:49 am »
I still think they will pull it off.  Outside a weak Max Scherzer, the Astros haven't hit  anybody in this ALCS.  Including what may be one of the worst bullpens in MLB history.  And that sometimes supposed vaulted post season experience, sometimes comes across as lackadaisical play and  over confidence.  Rangers in 7.

OTOH, Yordan Alvarez is a bad ass hitting machine.  Jim Crane......   Pay the man now for 10 more years in Houston.

Well,  my interest in baseball this season ended tonight.

Yep, Called this one.  Any chance we had tonight was blown by Crusty's mismanagment of the pen.  If there is one positive thing that came out of this ALCS this year, is maybe we've seen the last of Baker's ass in the dugout.  Ass hole is way wa overrated.  Media makes a big deal about his managerial career, but honestly he's blown more pennants than he's won.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #319 on: October 24, 2023, 03:55:47 am »
You're welcome, America!

Go Rangers!

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #320 on: October 24, 2023, 04:00:12 am »
IMO.....

The most interesting fact going into the WS, is the Arlington Rangers are the first team in MLB history to have more blown saves in a season than saves.  The fact the Astros couldn't captialize on this shitty bullpen?  They didn't deserve to win the ALCS.

Go Phillies....  (but I won't be watching)

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #322 on: October 24, 2023, 10:24:47 am »

Yep, Called this one.  Any chance we had tonight was blown by Crusty's mismanagment of the pen.  If there is one positive thing that came out of this ALCS this year, is maybe we've seen the last of Baker's ass in the dugout.  Ass hole is way wa overrated.  Media makes a big deal about his managerial career, but honestly he's blown more pennants than he's won.

LOL!  Easy there on "Crusty" Baker.

And I already know your 'retort' that coming.   :laugh: ... Dusty has the 4th or 5th most managerial playoff wins...in MLB HISTORY!

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #323 on: October 24, 2023, 01:17:20 pm »

I saw a little factoid on some sports show or other yesterday while my hubby and I were out to lunch that Dusty had never won a Game 7 and Bochy had never lost a Game 7.  Looks like both of their records remain intact.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #324 on: October 24, 2023, 01:39:41 pm »
The most interesting FACT about this year's ALCS is that neither team won a game at home. Think about that for a minute.

- J. R. R. Tolkien