Author Topic: NYPD Cops Are Fleeing At Record Rates Due to Ravaging Crime  (Read 236 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NYPD Cops Are Fleeing At Record Rates Due to Ravaging Crime
« on: March 12, 2023, 04:36:39 pm »
NYPD Cops Are Fleeing At Record Rates Due to Ravaging Crime
Sarah Arnold

|  March 12, 2023 10:45 AM

New York City’s Police Department struggles to recruit new officers amid an ongoing crime wave through the Democrat-run state.

According to a report, NYPD officers are resigning at a record-breaking rate, with 239 officers leaving in January and February, a 36 percent increase from the 176 who resigned in the same period last year and a shocking 117 percent hike from the 110 in 2021.

Police Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch said, “the NYPD staffing emergency is approaching the point of no return.”

A former Manhattan cop said that the NYPD needs to be “rebuilt from the ground up” and “unfixable in its current state.”

“It’s not just politics and poor pay,” the officer said. “Precinct cops are being forced to work an inhumane amount of overtime, including on their days off, while being penalized for minor uniform and administrative infractions. Meanwhile, precincts barely have enough personnel to meet the minimum required to safely answer 911 calls.”

Last year, Democratic Mayor Eric Adams touted the NYPD, saying he was not worried about the mass exodus from the force.

“New York City Department is an amazing career. I know it first hand. We’re going to find young men and women who are going to want to be a member of New York City’s finest. I also believe we are not deploying our resources properly,” Adams said.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2023/03/12/nypd-cops-are-fleeing-at-record-rates-due-to-ravaging-crime-n2620502
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online andy58-in-nh

Re: NYPD Cops Are Fleeing At Record Rates Due to Ravaging Crime
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 04:39:50 pm »
I lived in NYC briefly in the late '80s (the pre-Giuliani days) and it was quickly deteriorating, just the way it is now. Crime, homelessness, huge piles of garbage, vermin everywhere, poor public transportation and services made life a daily struggle.  I could not wait to get the hell out. When I moved back to Boston, it was a breath of fresh air, even though life there was not perfect, either.

When I visited New York again in the late 90's, I was amazed at the improvement, all made possible by a mayor who had no qualms about enforcing the law and demanding that the city be cleaned up. He respected the police and expected the citizens to do the same.

I was back in the city a few months ago and the decay was once again evident, along with the sense of an overwhelming and omnipresent city government - signs everywhere telling people what they must and must not do - the same government, of course that will not keep the streets and subways safe and clean.

I live in the country now, as I have for a long time, and I am thankful not to have to deal with all of that. Not that I could afford to live in Manhattan again - it's for the wealthy and the poor, exclusively. If you're rich, you can live high above the problems; if you're impoverished, you are given an income and vouchers generous enough to eat non-nutritious food, pay your subsidized rent, and perhaps, support your drug habit.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Kamaji

Re: NYPD Cops Are Fleeing At Record Rates Due to Ravaging Crime
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 01:43:54 pm »
I lived in NYC briefly in the late '80s (the pre-Giuliani days) and it was quickly deteriorating, just the way it is now. Crime, homelessness, huge piles of garbage, vermin everywhere, poor public transportation and services made life a daily struggle.  I could not wait to get the hell out. When I moved back to Boston, it was a breath of fresh air, even though life there was not perfect, either.

When I visited New York again in the late 90's, I was amazed at the improvement, all made possible by a mayor who had no qualms about enforcing the law and demanding that the city be cleaned up. He respected the police and expected the citizens to do the same.

I was back in the city a few months ago and the decay was once again evident, along with the sense of an overwhelming and omnipresent city government - signs everywhere telling people what they must and must not do - the same government, of course that will not keep the streets and subways safe and clean.

I live in the country now, as I have for a long time, and I am thankful not to have to deal with all of that. Not that I could afford to live in Manhattan again - it's for the wealthy and the poor, exclusively. If you're rich, you can live high above the problems; if you're impoverished, you are given an income and vouchers generous enough to eat non-nutritious food, pay your subsidized rent, and perhaps, support your drug habit.

More or less.  However, NYC still has a long way to go before it hits bottom.  So glad we no longer live in NYC, either.