Author Topic: Marine expeditionary force gets female top enlisted leader for 1st time  (Read 285 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marine expeditionary force gets female top enlisted leader for 1st time
By Irene Loewenson
 Thursday, Mar 9

Lt. Gen. James Bierman, commanding general of III Marine Expeditionary Force, passes on a noncommissioned officer sword to Sgt. Maj. Joy Kitashima (left), at a relief and appointment ceremony on Marine Corps Base Camp Butler, March 7. (Cpl. Diana Jimenez/Marine Corps)
For the first time, a woman is the senior enlisted leader of a Marine expeditionary force.

Sgt. Maj. Joy Kitashima assumed the role of sergeant major of III Marine Expeditionary Force, one of the three main forces in the Marine Corps, on Tuesday, according to a news release.

Kitashima took over from Sgt. Maj. Eric Cook, who will become the sergeant major for Marine Corps Forces Pacific.

Sergeants major serve as the senior enlisted advisers to senior commanders. The III Marine Expeditionary Force commanding general is Lt. Gen. James Bierman Jr.

At full strength, III Marine Expeditionary Force is made up of nearly 19,000 Marines and sailors on Okinawa, Japan, plus approximately 3,200 on mainland Japan and 5,000 in Hawaii, according to the III MEF website. III MEF is becoming increasingly important to Marine Corps strategy as the Pentagon turns its attention toward increased tensions with China.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2023/03/09/marine-expeditionary-force-gets-female-top-enlisted-leader-for-1st-time/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Every foxhole will now have replacement mirrors, extra make-up, and vanity curtains. :silly:  Actually, I hope she is successful in what she does!  Everyone needs to work together. :patriot:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Excellent move!

She can use all the combat experience she received from blowing her superiors in the Pentagram.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!