Author Topic: House Dems propose bill to grant amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants  (Read 181 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
House Dems propose bill to grant amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants
Story by Adam Shaw • Yesterday 12:41 PM

Agroup of House Democrats is reviving an effort to give a pathway to citizenship to millions of illegal immigrants who are already in the U.S. by updating a nearly century-old registry to allow for their statuses to be adjusted.

Six Democrats this week reintroduced the Renewing Immigration Provisions of the Immigration Act of 1929. The bill would update a status adjustment process — commonly known as the registry — that allows for those in the country illegally before a certain date to have their status regularized.

The registry was last updated in 1986 and at that time allowed for illegal immigrants who had been in the country continuously since 1972 to have their status adjusted and obtain a green card, which in turn would allow them to apply for U.S. citizenship.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/house-dems-propose-bill-to-grant-amnesty-to-millions-of-illegal-immigrants/ar-AA18vg4G?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=bbad3f1a1c8c4692a1c5804113dc1367&ei=37
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ScottinVA

Yeah, let’s just reward the invaders.  The filthy dems can never be trusted.