Author Topic: 'History will hold Trump accountable' for Jan. 6: Pence  (Read 914 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'History will hold Trump accountable' for Jan. 6: Pence
« on: March 12, 2023, 02:13:21 pm »
Pence says 'history will hold' Trump accountable for Jan. 6 in Gridiron speech
by Emily Jacobs, Weekend News Editor
March 12, 2023 04:38 AM

Former Vice President Mike Pence delivered his harshest rebuke yet of former President Donald Trump over the weekend for his role in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

Pence made the comments while speaking at the annual Gridiron Club Dinner, a white-tie event thrown by Washington, D.C. journalists and attended by high-profile Beltway figures. The exclusive soiree is known for politicians poking fun at each other and members of the D.C. press corps taking part in skits. This year featured speeches from Pence, Secretary of State Antony Blinken and New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy. The former vice president used the platform to issue his strongest criticism to date of his ex-boss as the two inch toward their anticipated 2024 rivalry.

“President Trump was wrong,” Pence told the hushed crowd. “I had no right to overturn the election. And his reckless words endangered my family and everyone at the Capitol that day. And I know that history will hold Donald Trump accountable.”

“The American people have a right to know what took place at the Capitol on January 6th,” he said later on as he closed his speech. “But make no mistake about it, what happened that day was a disgrace, and it mocks decency to portray it in any other way.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/pence-trump-gridiron-dinner-2023-speech-j6
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: 'History will hold Trump accountable' for Jan. 6: Pence
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 02:36:52 pm »
Everybody knows that I am no fan of the "Orange Guy", but I do vividly remember  Trump  using very specific instructions at the Monument speech, telling his supporters to march and protest "peacefully".  So just what is Trump accountible for what?  Especially in light, there is now almost irrefutable evidence the dims and his RINO brothers strong armed Fox and Carlson from telling the truth about the true meaning of J6.

This level of ridiculous pandering isn't  going to work on his "made to fail" POTUS campaign , and the guy just best just fade into the sunset.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2023, 02:43:27 pm »
 pointing-up

***agree
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2023, 03:16:17 pm »
So who wants to be the one to tell Pence that narrative just collapsed like SVB?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2023, 07:55:43 pm »
It wasn't necessarily anything Trump said on Jan 6, but everything he did after the election.  Without Donald, the rioters would not believe Mike Pence had the power to disenfranchise 81 million people.  The protest was a profoundly reckless and stupid idea.

I don't know what led Tucker Carlson to damage his credibility last week.  All he did was confirm the capitol police were too lax in their approach.  Giving rioters "room to destroy" is a proven failure.  If the police had shot a few of them while they broke through the windows, chances are, the rest of them would have gotten the message.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 08:00:57 pm by cato potatoe »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 08:10:03 pm »

I don't know what led Tucker Carlson to damage his credibility last week.  All he did was confirm the capitol police were too lax in their approach.  Giving rioters "room to destroy" is a proven failure.  If the police had shot a few of them while they broke through the windows, chances are, the rest of them would have gotten the message.

I think his intentions were good, but I think Murdoch flinched, and pulled the rug out from underneath him. 

I think there was plenty additonal scandalous fodder  to cover in Days 2-4,  but his report that basically got totally redacted, and as you mentioned, we heard pretty much were given a repeat and variations of day 1. 

Watch Tucker bolt after this contract, and he goes to work for someone like Substack , Musk, or another entitity who wants to be a bigger player in the Conservative media arena.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2023, 08:25:36 pm »

Like Larry Hogan, Pence is running his mouth trying to get his Presidential run traction.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2023, 08:31:16 pm »
It wasn't necessarily anything Trump said on Jan 6, but everything he did after the election.  Without Donald, the rioters would not believe Mike Pence had the power to disenfranchise 81 million people.

No one asked Pence to "disenfranchise" anyone.  Pence was asked to follow the law and allow  Congressional debate on questionable elector totals and exercise his legal right and responsibility to return such elector totals to the Statehouse from whence them came for a review of the objections raised.

All of which, BTW, Pence had promised to do:

"FLASHBACK: In December 2020 at TPUSA Summit, Mike Pence said he would keep fighting until ‘every illegal vote is thrown out’"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1551912166940368900

@cato potatoe

« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 08:46:40 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2023, 08:45:56 pm »
The protest was a profoundly reckless and stupid idea.

Not only is the right of the people to petition the Government for a redress of grievances Constitutionally guaranteed, it is the responsibility of a free people to do so.

Is there a greater grievance than the theft of the Executive Branch of the Federal government through election and voter fraud?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2023, 09:03:17 pm »
It wasn't necessarily anything Trump said on Jan 6, but everything he did after the election.  Without Donald, the rioters would not believe Mike Pence had the power to disenfranchise 81 million people.  The protest was a profoundly reckless and stupid idea.

So, why don't we apply that "shoot a few of 'em" theory to the actual dangerous protestors in this country?  Antifa and the left, generally?  Should the cops be shooting antifa on sight?  Should they be shooting protestors generally?  That is what you are committed to arguing in favor of.

One might want to peruse Naomi Wolfe's apology for her prior J6 views and anti-protestor views.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 09:16:05 pm by Kamaji »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2023, 09:11:37 pm »
Not only is the right of the people to petition the Government for a redress of grievances Constitutionally guaranteed, it is the responsibility of a free people to do so.

Is there a greater grievance than the theft of the Executive Branch of the Federal government through election and voter fraud?

Sometimes I think many from our side forgets exactly what happened that night in November 2020, and the level of electoral plausibility that it defied. 

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,418946.700.html
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 09:22:45 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2023, 09:12:33 pm »
If the police had shot a few of them while they broke through the windows, chances are, the rest of them would have gotten the message.

That was Graham's demand on 1/6:  "Shoot the protesters."  As it is, your wish was granted when Ashli Babbitt was murdered by the Capitol Police. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2023, 09:17:55 pm »

@cato potatoe

I agree.  While the protest outside the Capitol was constitutionally protected, that doesn't mean it wasn't a reckless/stupid idea on Trump's part.  If he had even a modicum of knowledge of the legal/Constitutional system, he would have known that there was no upside, and the obvious evidence of that is that nothing good came out of this.  The idea that Pence was going to somehow prevent the electors from voting was ridiculous.  In the end, as was eminently predictable, not a damn good thing came out of it.  There was only the downside of concentrating enough combustible, emotional people in a place that had the potential to get really out of control, which it did.

That doesn't excuse any of the government overreach/abuse on January 6.  But dammit, Trump should have been smart enough to see that it was a trap, and he just wasn't.  Fell right into it, and gave the left an issue they've been milking for more than two years.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 09:18:53 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2023, 09:59:32 pm »
So, why don't we apply that "shoot a few of 'em" theory to the actual dangerous protestors in this country?  Antifa and the left, generally?  Should the cops be shooting antifa on sight?  Should they be shooting protestors generally?  That is what you are committed to arguing in favor of.

What I favor is respect for authority and the rule of law.  Any protest needs to be sanctioned by local authorities to ensure the protection of innocent lives and property.  When a mob gathers without a permit in the middle of the street, they should be dispersed.  If it can be accomplished with a bullhorn, that is certainly preferable to tear gas and fire hoses, which is nicer than rifles and tanks.  But things should escalate if necessary. 

The situation at the Capitol was unique in that an angry mob broke into the seat of government while it was in session, and posed a serious threat to the congressmen, Vice President, and staffers.  They should not have been given a tour of the place.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2023, 12:06:17 am »
@cato potatoe So you are firmly in the camp of "Shoot the Protestors?"   :pondering:
I will NOT comply.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2023, 07:10:06 am »
@cato potatoe So you are firmly in the camp of "Shoot the Protestors?"   :pondering:

It depends on your definition of protest.  Is it the one commonly accepted before 2020?  Angry mobs breaching the capitol, calling for executions is not something which can be tolerated if we want to have nice things.  Congressmen have been shot inside the house chamber, and police had no way of knowing what the mob would do on January 6, especially after so many were assaulted on the capitol grounds. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 07:24:38 am by cato potatoe »

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2023, 07:54:51 am »
Breaking into the capital, yes, antifa breaking into police offices, yes... illegals breaking into our country, yes... illegals and drug trafficker breaking into private land owner land, yes... politicians using our constitution and God given rights as toilet paper.... getting there if they start pushing it via livelihood destroying/military... well no comment. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 08:06:03 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2023, 03:30:36 pm »
Breaking into the capital, yes, antifa breaking into police offices, yes... illegals breaking into our country, yes... illegals and drug trafficker breaking into private land owner land, yes... politicians using our constitution and God given rights as toilet paper.... getting there if they start pushing it via livelihood destroying/military... well no comment.

How many weapons did the 1/6 protestors carry?  The new videos showed the Capital Police started shooting first, and they had the monopoly on weapons.
I will NOT comply.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2023, 03:42:42 pm »
It depends on your definition of protest.  Is it the one commonly accepted before 2020?  Angry mobs breaching the capitol, calling for executions is not something which can be tolerated if we want to have nice things.  Congressmen have been shot inside the house chamber, and police had no way of knowing what the mob would do on January 6, especially after so many were assaulted on the capitol grounds.

That's a pretty good point that I had not previously considered.  In retrospect, the media and politicians labelling it an "insurrection" is ridiculous because we found out there were no guns, and unarmed people aren't going to overthrow a government.  However, at the time it was actually happening, the cops there could not have known if there were some armed people in there waiting for the "right" moment to use their weapons.

Look, I don't think anyone is saying that it was right to arrest/abuse those people who were actually waved inside.  But there were others who were clearly trying to force their way inside by assaulting cops, smashing barricades, and breaking windows/doors.  The fact that others were allowed in elsewhere, or afterwards, doesn't change the illegality of what those others did.  And just to be clear, not everyone breaking windows, doors, assaulting cops, etc., was an undercover fed.

And I do agree with you that any so-called protestors, anywhere, who destroy property and assault others to make their points are entitled to some nice warnings.  After that, I don't have a problem with using deadly force to enforce the law.  That includes Antifa goons blocking streets and setting fires in Portland, etc..