Author Topic: Net Zero Unrealistic; But Jeremy Warner Wants To Spend Trillions On It Anyway!  (Read 119 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Net Zero Unrealistic; But Jeremy Warner Wants To Spend Trillions On It Anyway!
MARCH 12, 2023
By Paul Homewood

A hopelessly garbled and self contradictory piece from Jeremy Warner:

More money for defence, policing, child care, long term illness, new nuclear, gigafactories, an auto industry struggling to find reasons to stay in the UK now that the internal combustion engine is to be assigned to the dustbin of history – the list of calls on the public purse just keeps on growing.

Jeremy Hunt, the Chancellor, will no doubt make as much of a show as he can out of the little room for manoeuvre he’s got in next week’s spring Budget.

But the overriding message will be similar to that of Liam Byrne, one-time chief secretary to the Treasury, who on being voted out of office in 2010 left a note on his desk to his successor saying, “I’m afraid there is no money. Good luck”.

Gordon Brown had spent it all; Byrne’s missive marked the start of years of penny-pinching austerity.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2023/03/12/net-zero-unrealistic-but-jeremy-warner-wants-to-spend-trillions-on-it-anyway/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson