Author Topic: Climate Research Has A Serious Conflict-Of-Interest Problem  (Read 118 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate Research Has A Serious Conflict-Of-Interest Problem
« on: March 12, 2023, 12:17:47 pm »
WRITTEN BY ROGER PIELKE JR. ON MAR 6, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Climate Research Has A Serious Conflict-Of-Interest Problem

wind solar green energyRecently I was surprised to see a Tweet from a climate researcher who I’ve known for a while that looked like an advertisement for a particular renewable energy company. The researcher was promoting the company to his many followers.

Reading on, I saw that the researcher disclosed that he was being paid by the company and had an equity interest. So it was an advertisement. Academics can also be investors, right? So, no problem? [emphasis, links added]

Well, here is the problem. This researcher was one of the central analysts whose work was used to design and then promote the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/climate-research-has-a-serious-conflict-of-interest-problem/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson