Author Topic: LA Times Hack Writer Blames White Drivers For Polluting Air Black and Latino People Are Forced to Br  (Read 123 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
LA Times Hack Writer Blames White Drivers For Polluting Air Black and Latino People Are Forced to Breathe
By Amber Crawford | Mar 10, 2023

Sammy Roth, an Energy and Environment reporter for the LA Times is facing backlash after he made the statement that white drivers are “polluting the air” for black and Latino citizens.

In his piece, Roth wrote that LA’s city freeway planning is “racially motivated” because it causes white people from the suburbs to drive through neighborhoods where non-white citizens live every day on their way to work, subsequently polluting the air.

Roth cited a conversation with author and USC professor Geoff Boeing who had written a report about “local inequities in the relative production and exposure to vehicular air pollution in Los Angeles.”

“[Boeing] told me it largely comes down to the shameful history of Los Angeles County’s low-income communities of color being torn apart to make way for freeways – a history that has been extensively documented by The Times,” Roth wrote.

https://100percentfedup.com/la-times-writer-slammed-for-claiming-white-drivers-pollute-air-for-black-and-latino-citizens/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson