Author Topic: Air Force not relatable enough for 'not patriotic' Gen Z: recruiter  (Read 190 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force not relatable enough for 'not patriotic' Gen Z: recruiter
Story by Greg Norman • Yesterday 9:11 AM

The commander in charge of the Air Force’s recruiting efforts says the branch of service is "not nearly relatable enough to most of Generation Z," which he describes as "not patriotic."

Maj. Gen. Ed Thomas made the admission in an interview with Military.com after the Air Force recently projected a 10% recruiting shortfall this year.

The Air Force Recruiting Service barely met its fiscal year 2022 goal for active-duty Air Force members and missed its Reserve and Guard targets by about 1,500 to 2,000 recruits each, according to Air and Space Forces Magazine.

"This is a very unique generation," Thomas told Military.com. "Generation Z is not patriotic, in the traditional sense; they're also less trusting of government... However, Generation Z, these young Americans, still want to have a purpose, they want to be able to make a difference, they want to do something that they feel is really important and meaningful. But we have to become part of that relevant conversation."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/air-force-not-relatable-enough-for-not-patriotic-gen-z-recruiter/ar-AA18sCwB?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=53f2fddf619043d3a3adf488db967141&ei=40
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Air Force not relatable enough for 'not patriotic' Gen Z: recruiter
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2023, 12:08:20 pm »
It must be time for democrats to make displays of patriotism (like the American flag) felonies. :truce:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson