Author Topic: Texas legislature to consider border resolution declaring state is under invasion  (Read 374 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas legislature to consider border resolution declaring state is under invasion

Legislation also calls on the federal government to declare Mexican cartels as Foreign Terrorist Organizations.

By The Center Square Staff
By Bethany Blankley
Updated: March 10, 2023 - 11:26pm

Texas state Sen. Lois Kolkhorst has filed three bills and one resolution to address the border crisis, including one that would declare Texas is under invasion by Mexican cartels.

Kolkhorst, R-Brenham, said one of the most common questions she receives from constituents is, “What is Texas doing to combat the absence of a secure border?”

“While the federal government is charged with border control, they have failed to keep Texas and the United States safe,” she said in a news release. “As a result, Texans are suffering, which is why I have filed legislation to address the horrific fentanyl crisis, enhance offenses for unauthorized immigrants who commit crimes, ensure Texas workers are legally authorized to work in the U.S., and declare to the federal government that Texas has been invaded by foreign drug cartels.”

https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/bills-filed-address-border-crisis-including-declaring-texas-under
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Consider"???

I thought Texans were supposed to be smart.
Apparently, not so much...