Author Topic: Media Go Overboard Stoking Confusion About Whale Deaths And Offshore Wind  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY DAVID WOJICK ON MAR 10, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Media Go Overboard Stoking Confusion About Whale Deaths And Offshore Wind

beached whale atlanticPress coverage of the tragic whale deaths is a supreme study in confusion, especially the foolish attempts to somehow exonerate offshore wind development. Here are some prominent examples.

The evergreen New York Times wins the race for worst coverage by claiming to explain the numerous recent whale deaths as due to online shopping. I am not making this up. [emphasis, links added]

Their headline promises an explanation: “Why 23 Dead Whales Have Washed Up on the East Coast Since December.”

The primary reason claimed is that East Coast shipping has increased due to people buying lots of stuff post-Covid, especially online, and ship strikes account for a lot of the deaths.

Here is how NYT puts it:

https://climatechangedispatch.com/media-go-overboard-stoking-confusion-about-whale-deaths-and-offshore-wind/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They would, however, fight to the death for the turd nosed snot minnow of northwest Mongolia if their existence were threatened by anything other than windfarms. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson