Author Topic: Facebook: Extending its Legacy of Science Denial  (Read 108 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Facebook: Extending its Legacy of Science Denial
« on: March 11, 2023, 12:46:48 pm »
Facebook: Extending its Legacy of Science Denial
2 hours ago Charles Rotter 9 Comments
by Gregory Wrightstone

To no one’s surprise, Facebook continues to reject any and all scientific data that does not support their “consensus” narrative of man-made catastrophic warming by rejecting an ad placed by the CO2 Coalition, Arlington, Virginia.

The ad is based on well documented and widely used satellite data published by the University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH) as part of a project with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).

Information is “gathered by advanced microwave sounding units on NOAA and NASA satellites to get accurate temperature readings for almost all regions of the Earth,” according to the university website. “This includes remote desert, ocean and rain forest areas where reliable climate data are not otherwise available.

“The satellite-based instruments measure the temperature of the atmosphere from the surface up to an altitude of about eight kilometers above sea level. Once the monthly temperature data is collected and processed, it is placed in a ‘public’ computer file for immediate access by atmospheric scientists in the U.S. and abroad.”

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/03/11/facebook-extending-its-legacy-of-science-denial/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson