Author Topic: Youngkin calls for gender-neutral bathrooms after question from transgender Virginia teen  (Read 1295 times)

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3894026-youngkin-calls-for-gender-neutral-bathrooms-after-question-from-transgender-virginia-teen/

Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin (R) called for gender-neutral bathrooms in schools on Thursday, in response to a town hall question from a transgender Virginia teenager.

“Look at me. I am a transgender man,” Niko, a 17-year-old from Arlington, Va., said at a CNN town hall. “Do you really think that the girls in my high school would feel comfortable sharing a restroom with me?”

Youngkin, who issued a series of restrictive guidelines to Virginia schools last fall related to transgender students, said on Thursday that it was important to accommodate students.

“That’s why I have said many, many times, we just need extra bathrooms in schools,” he said. “We need gender-neutral bathrooms and so people can use the bathroom that they, in fact, are comfortable with.”

Youngkin’s guidelines would require transgender students to participate in activities and use school facilities that align with the sex they were assigned at birth. It would also make it more difficult for students to change their name or gender presentation at school.

What happened to this guy?  He turned into a gutless weasel.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3894026-youngkin-calls-for-gender-neutral-bathrooms-after-question-from-transgender-virginia-teen/

What happened to this guy?  He turned into a gutless weasel.
Sounds like the guidelines say: If you were born Male, use the Men's room, if you were born female use the Ladies' room, and if you are not comfortable using either, use the one marked "whoever", which will likely be a one-holer, in outhouse parlance.

(outhouses were gender neutral long before the term was invented)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Agreed with Joe above.

I think what he meant was that a -third-, single-occupancy rest room be included, along with the regular male and female latrines...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Agreed with Joe above.

I think what he meant was that a -third-, single-occupancy rest room be included, along with the regular male and female latrines...

I think so too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
My mother was the first female boilermaker welder in TVA history.... the problem arose that the plants had limited bathrooms for ladies... so mom had to make a trek every time she wanted to use the restroom, so often it meant a 20 minute or longer trip (so she made sure to plan ahead when the tinge hit her). I feel for every dang school that has to construct "special" this and that every time someone decides they feel like "it" instead of normal.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 07:23:32 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
My mother was the first female boilermaker welder in TVA history.... the problem arose that the plants had limited bathrooms for ladies... so mom had to make a trek every time she wanted to use the restroom, so often it meant a 20 minute or longer trip (so she made sure to plan ahead when the tinge hit her). I feel for every dang school that has to construct "special" this and that every time someone decides they feel like "it" instead of normal.
Keep in mind that in older schools, the only available restrooms for the "non-binary"will be those currently reserved for staff.

Which might end up inconveniencing most those who have been pushing this stuff.

Some schadenfreude would be nice.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis