Author Topic: Steve Forbes assaulted by protesters at conservative book launch party  (Read 453 times)

Offline mountaineer

Steve Forbes assaulted by protesters at conservative book launch party
 By Brianna Herlihy | Fox News
March 10, 2023
Media mogul Steve Forbes said he was assaulted by angry protesters Wednesday night in New York City at a conservative book launch party.

Forbes, the 75-year-old CEO of Forbes Media, was in attendance at an event for the launch of a new book written by conservative authors Bethany Mandel and Karol Markowicz. He said protesters disrupted the event by throwing drinks at him and toppling a book display.

"I was talking to co-author Bethany Mandel near the counter where the books were on display. Suddenly a woman seemingly out of nowhere was angrily yelling almost incoherently about matters that weren't related to the subject of the book," Forbes recounted to Fox News Digital exclusively.

"The books themselves were pushed off the counter loudly landing on the floor while simultaneously she tossed a drink our way," he said, noting the drink covered him and Mandel. ...

Markowicz told the conservative news outlet Daily Wire News, that she saw "two wild-eyed young White women run up to our party and scream ‘Black lives matter!'"

"They threw their drinking glasses at the wall where our books were displayed and ran off," she said.

"Suddenly I heard screaming, had books thrown at me, and I was soaking wet," Mandel told the outlet. "I realized young women with short, dyed blue hair were screaming at us ‘Black lives matter, trans lives matter!’ I tried to talk to them, but they ran off."

The event launched Mandel and Markowicz's new book, "Stolen Youth: How Radicals Are Erasing Innocence and Indoctrinating a Generation," in which the authors "reveal the tenets of the ideological war waged against America’s youth, designed to exploit, terrify, and, ultimately, indoctrinate them." ...
FOX News
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The event launched Mandel and Markowicz's new book, "Stolen Youth: How Radicals Are Erasing Innocence and Indoctrinating a Generation," in which the authors "reveal the tenets of the ideological war waged against America’s youth, designed to exploit, terrify, and, ultimately, indoctrinate them."

QED

What better way to prove a point?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

QED
What better way to prove a point?
Exactly.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org