Author Topic: Study Claims White Drivers Pollute Black, Brown Areas of Los Angeles  (Read 405 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Study Claims White Drivers Pollute Black, Brown Areas of Los Angeles

Paul Bois 9 Mar 2023

A new study by a set of USC researchers claims that white drivers overwhelmingly pollute black and brown areas of Los Angeles.

Writing in the Los Angeles Times, Sammy Roth reflected on his own alleged “complicity” in polluting the lives of minorities when he discovered that “Angelenos who drive more tend to be exposed to less air pollution — and Angelenos who drive less tend to be exposed to more pollution.”

“The core finding is that for every 1% increase in miles driven to and from work by people who live in a particular part of L.A. County, there’s an estimated 0.62% decrease in the lung-damaging ‘fine particulate matter’ to which those Angelenos are exposed,” wrote Roth.

Geoff Boeing, a professor at the USC Sol Price School of Public Policy and lead author of the study, told Roth that the alleged problem stems from Los Angeles County’s racist history of building highways through “low-income communities of color.”

“Today, many residents of the county’s whiter, more affluent neighborhoods — who were often able to keep highways out of their own backyards — commute to work through lower-income Black and Latino neighborhoods bisected by the 10, 110, 105 freeways and more,” Roth noted.

Boeing said that the white commuters simply drive their cars through those neighborhoods and rarely stop to patronize businesses.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2023/03/09/study-claims-white-drivers-pollute-black-brown-areas-of-los-angeles/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Study Claims White Drivers Pollute Black, Brown Areas of Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 02:14:45 pm »
:facepalm2:

So, Sammy Roth, you should give up your car and give it to some auto-less black or brown person.  And you should make amends for your prior sinfulness by buying cars for other auto-less blacks and browns.

Will you?  I didn't think so.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 02:38:33 pm »
Goebbels is spinning in his grave because he's been completely outdone by woke Leftists in propaganda.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2023, 11:52:11 pm »
What? White drivers drive in those 'hoods?

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2023, 12:00:05 am »
One of the latest claims of evil racism of whites towards blacks is the accusation that many four lanes put through black areas of major cities destroyed those communities. The contention is that the expressways ruined the solidarity or something of the black communities somehow and forced many into lives of crime. I'm still trying to figure that one out.
Think about it....there's probably been numerous four lanes put through white areas, but no claims of destroyed communities from those white areas.
Now cars, or people driving their cars to work are being racist.
The people who said that in the future everything will be racist were very prescient.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2023, 12:12:40 am »

Probably not since GPS made it hard to get lost...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2023, 12:16:25 am »

Face it, when traveling, I do wiki areas to check demographics before choosing a motel to bed down. It is called discernment... of which I do not apologize.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 12:19:34 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2023, 12:24:57 am »
Face it, when traveling, I do wiki areas to check demographics before choosing a motel to bed down. It is called discernment... of which I do not apologize.

I’ve seen a couple of the most woke, virtue signaling, so-called white anti-racist who, when the chips are down, will deathly avoid minority areas
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy