Author Topic: Recent storms sent 7 billion gallons of raw sewage from Mexico into U.S., mayor says  (Read 222 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Recent storms sent 7 billion gallons of raw sewage from Mexico into U.S., mayor says
by: Salvador Rivera

Posted: Mar 6, 2023 / 07:43 PM CST

Updated: Mar 8, 2023 / 01:23 PM CST

IMPERIAL BEACH, Calif. (Border Report) — Imperial Beach’s new mayor, Paloma Aguirre, is dealing with an old problem in her city: beach closures forced by raw sewage from Mexico.

A recent string of powerful storms in the region has forced lots of raw sewage, trash, tires and other debris across the southern border into California.

“Because of the nature of our watershed, there’s an incredible amount of flow coming from across the border with trash, tires and sewage polluting not just our recreational valley but also the beaches,” Aguirre said.

Imperial Beach, the first coastal city north of the U.S.-Mexico border, is covered in signs warning people to keep out of the water.

https://www.borderreport.com/news/environment/recent-storms-sent-7-billion-gallons-of-raw-sewage-from-mexico-into-u-s-mayor-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
How does shit flow up-stream?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How does shit flow up-stream?
"Just let it rain 40 days and 40 nights and wait for the sewers to back up..."

This is beach poo, subject to nearshore currents...which depend on wave direction more than anything else.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I seriously doubt this is a new phenomenon. 

Which should be a strong analogous lesson to Pedophile Joe and his band of envirowhackos.......

Same concept applies  to the managment of fossil fuels..  When you do benchmarking of our country vs Middle Eastern, Asian, and South American competitiors, our ways and means of processing hydrocarbons are many many mutitudes environmentally more friendly in overall air emissions, toxic emissions, waste generation, and the ability to manage waste water control.

Biden is trying to destroy the planet.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.