Author Topic: General Motors Asking Employees to Quit With Voluntary Buyouts  (Read 229 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
General Motors Asking Employees to Quit With Voluntary Buyouts
By Mike LaChance Mar. 9, 2023 11:17 pm410 Comments

The Joe Biden economy strikes again.

General Motors is asking employees to take a voluntary buyout. It’s a way of cutting jobs without technically laying off any workers.

How many of these workers do you suppose voted for Biden and Democrats?

ABC 12 in Michigan reports:

General Motors said in January it would save $2 billion without planning any layoffs. But on Thursday it said it was looking for workers to leave voluntarily.

In a regulatory filing, the automaker said it was looking to save costs through attrition and a voluntary separation program in which eligible employees would get a lump sum payment and other severance based on how long they worked at the company. The buyouts would cost the company $1.5 billion before taxes this year.

The voluntary separation program will be offered to all U.S. salaried employees with at least five years of service and global executives that have been with the company for at least two years, a GM spokesperson told CNN. In a statement, the company said that employees are “strongly encouraged to consider” the program.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/03/general-motors-asking-employees-to-quit-with-voluntary-buyouts/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: General Motors Asking Employees to Quit With Voluntary Buyouts
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 01:05:05 pm »

The Joe Biden economy strikes again.

You don't suppose GM's heavy investment in EVs had anything to do with it, by any chance? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 01:25:34 pm »
Last one out turn off the lights.

Count-down to the next GM bankruptcy.  Hopefully, that one will be a liquidation sale, and the unions will get their ill-gotten shares from 2008/2009 wiped out.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2023, 02:31:49 pm »
The last 10-15 years of my career I dreamed and drooled at a chance to get the elusive lucurative  "Severance Package".  Never came sadly.

Lucky bastards who saved, and now can reap the benefit of a really early retirement.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.