Author Topic: Biden Administration Wants to Boost Defense Spending to Nearly $900B  (Read 118 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Administration Wants to Boost Defense Spending to Nearly $900B

KRISTINA WONG9 Mar 2023329

The Biden administration released its nearly $7 trillion 2024 budget request to Congress on Thursday, which included $886 billion for defense — a 3.2 percent boost from the prior year’s defense budget.

Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman Jack Reed (D-RI) acknowledged that the request is “among the largest in history,” but said it reflected the “reality of the national security challenges we face.”

“With this strong budget, President Biden is prioritizing the safety and well-being of the American people. Some will inevitably say the topline is too much, while others will claim it is not enough. I say America’s defense budget should be guided by our values, needs, and national security strategy,” he said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/03/09/biden-administration-wants-boost-defense-spending-900b/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Biden Administration Wants to Boost Defense Spending to Nearly $900B
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 12:58:28 pm »
It's a cheap trick to create a slush fund to bypass congress while arming other countries, including China. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson