Author Topic: House GOP launches probe into Jan. 6 panel  (Read 221 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House GOP launches probe into Jan. 6 panel
« on: March 09, 2023, 11:41:40 pm »
 House GOP launches probe into Jan. 6 panel
by Emily Brooks - 03/09/23 4:51 PM ET

Rep. Barry Loudermilk (R-Ga.), chair of the House Administration Subcommittee on Oversight, is leading an investigation of the Jan. 6 select committee and security failures surrounding the riot.

The probe is in its beginning stages, Loudermilk said Wednesday.

“We’ve got to get through the documents. We need to do some interviews with people. But at some point, we will have some hearings,” Loudermilk said, also adding the panel is reviewing video from Jan. 6, 2021.

The House Administration Committee has set up a “Capitol Security Info” portal on its website to collect tips from “individuals with knowledge of the events of January 6th and the Select Committee” about the security of the Capitol, delay in support from the National Guard and more.

“We need to give a serious, in-depth investigation into what happened that day, which the J6 committee didn’t do. We need to know, where were the security failures … as well as what do we need to do to fix it?” Loudermilk said.

Loudermilk was unsure if he will aim to talk to any members of the Jan. 6 select committee – and if he does, whether subpoenas would be on the table.

“I would hope that, you know, they’d just come and talk. This is not going to be a gotcha. This is getting to the truth,” Loudermilk said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3892585-house-gop-launches-probe-into-jan-6-panel/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: House GOP launches probe into Jan. 6 panel
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 12:29:42 am »
 :yawn2:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien