Author Topic: American suppression of fossil fuels courts a national security disaster  (Read 224 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
American suppression of fossil fuels courts a national security disaster
By Ronald Stein |March 8th, 2023|79 Comments

The capacity of a modern economy to produce food and products for its citizens, and weapons and fuels for its military to project power, are the undeniable twin pillars of global power. Both depend on reasonably priced and readily available products made from the oil derivatives manufactured from crude oil. In other words, American literally runs and fights on products from fossil fuels.

The renewables of wind and solar only generate occasional electricity, but manufacture nothing for society.

Take for example the medical industry that did not exist just a few hundred years ago, that is now maintaining the health and well-being of the 8 billion now on this planet. Today, as an exercise in energy literacy, try to identify something, anything, in your doctor’s office, or the hospital, or the pharmacy, which was not made from the oil derivatives manufactured from crude oil.

President Biden has been campaigning for years for the elimination of fossil fuels. But ridding the world of oil, without a replacement in mind, would be immoral and evil, as extreme shortages of the products manufactured from fossil fuels will result in billions of fatalities from diseases, malnutrition, and weather-related deaths. Shortages of fossil fuel products would necessitate lifestyles being mandated back to the horse and buggy days of the 1800’s, and could be the greatest threat to the planet’s eight billion residents.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/03/08/american-suppression-of-fossil-fuels-courts-a-national-security-disaster/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It courts a lot worse than that.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"President Biden has been campaigning for years for the elimination of fossil fuels. But ridding the world of oil, without a replacement in mind, would be immoral and evil, as extreme shortages of the products manufactured from fossil fuels will result in billions of fatalities from diseases, malnutrition, and weather-related deaths. Shortages of fossil fuel products would necessitate lifestyles being mandated back to the horse and buggy days of the 1800’s, and could be the greatest threat to the planet’s eight billion residents."

One more time (no one ever seems to reply to this idea):
==============================================
It's time for the red states to start enacting "Right to Energy Use" laws.

That is to say, an entirely new legal concept that needs to be codified into written law:
The right to extract and use natural energy resources for human needs:
- right to extract and use coal for power generation, heating, and other uses as may be required
- right to extract and refine petroleum for motor fuels
- right to extract and refine petroleum into products intended for industrial and other uses
- right to extract and use natural gas for heating, power generation and industrial and agricultural uses
- such rights to extend to both individuals and corporations
- etc.

Again, if we don't take the initiative to enact such laws FIRST, the dem-communists and greenunists will enact laws to BAN such usage.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Especially northern states.

Do the people buying into this nonsense even think about the fact that:

The people who are proposing all this "Carbon Free" stuff want to make your planet COLDER!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis