Author Topic: Mitch McConnell hospitalized after fall during private DC dinner  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Mitch McConnell hospitalized after fall during private DC dinner
Fox News, Mar 9, 2023

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., is hospitalized in Washington, D.C., after he fell Wednesday night.

McConnell was attending a private dinner at a hotel in the nation's capital when he tripped, Spokesman David Popp confirmed to Fox News Digital.

The 81-year-old politician was taken to an area hospital to be treated. The extent of his injuries, if any, were not immediately known.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mitch-mcconnell-hospitalized-fall-dc-dinner

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Mitch McConnell hospitalized after fall during private DC dinner
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 12:14:36 pm »

WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell was hospitalized after tripping at a local hotel, a spokesman for the senator said.

The Kentucky senator, who’s 81, was attending a private dinner in Washington on Wednesday when he tripped. He was admitted to a hospital for treatment, spokesman Doug Andres said.

McConnell’s office did not provide additional detail on his condition or how long he may be absent from the Senate.

https://apnews.com/article/republican-senate-mitch-mcconnell-hospital-4bf1b2efa0deec62c82d15b39ee5fc28

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 12:21:29 pm »
  888mouth
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2023, 01:51:52 pm »
Mitch McConnell Hospitalized After Fall in Hotel

Jordan Dixon-Hamilton 8 Mar 2023

Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) was hospitalized after falling at a Washington, DC, hotel, his spokesman announced Wednesday evening.

“This evening, Leader McConnell tripped at a local hotel during a private dinner. He has been admitted to the hospital where he is receiving treatment,” McConnell spokesman David Popp said in a statement.

Popp provided no other information about McConnell’s condition.

McConnell, 81, is serving his seventh term in the U.S. Senate after taking office in 1984.

The former Senate Majority Leader previously tripped at his Kentucky home in 2019, an incident after which he underwent surgery to repair a fractured shoulder.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/03/08/mitch-mcconnell-hospitalized-fall-hotel/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2023, 01:53:39 pm »
If you can't keep your balance it's time to retire Mitch.
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2023, 02:02:26 pm »
If you can't keep your balance it's time to retire Mitch.

I think Joe has a higher fall count..
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2023, 02:05:25 pm »
I hate to hear this.  Mitch is well past his use-by date and needs to retire long since ... never mind the fact that he gets more establishment every day and he started out too much that way in the first place.  Having said that, he had polio and it just seems mean-spirited and petty to celebrate his falls.  My aunt also had polio and her residual symptoms are gradually becoming more and more prevalent as she ages, too. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2023, 02:15:14 pm »
I think Joe has a higher fall count..

And a higher diaper count.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2023, 06:44:55 pm »
His replacement would be hand picked by the Kentucky GOP, despite their democrat governor.  McConnell has not looked well in years.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2023, 06:48:27 pm »
I don't wish him ill, I just wish he'd resign. Enjoy retirement, Mitch.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 06:59:43 pm by mountaineer »

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2023, 06:50:01 pm »
I don't wish him I'll, I just wish he'd resign. Enjoy retirement, Mitch.

Totally agree!
 :beer:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2023, 09:34:26 pm »
I don't wish him ill, I just wish he'd resign. Enjoy retirement, Mitch.

:thumbsup:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2023, 10:05:27 pm »
Mitch McConnell Suffered Concussion, Will Be Hospitalized for Several Days

Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) suffered a concussion after tripping at a Washington hotel Wednesday evening and is expected to remain hospitalized for several days, a spokesman for the senator said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/03/09/mitch-mcconnell-suffered-concussion-will-be-hospitalized-several-days/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2023, 10:46:54 pm »
Give Mitch a bed next to Fetterman.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2023, 11:35:47 am »
Murtle the Turtle couldn't hurdle his girdle

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2023, 08:21:06 pm »
Mitch McConnell is exactly nine months older than Old Joe Biden. ...

What does it say about America that so much of its senior leadership is senior in all senses of the word? It says that the “public service” in the United States today is so comfortable and lucrative that people can’t bring themselves to surrender the reins of power once they get them. The reason why America is turning into a gerontocracy is the same reason why six of the fifteen richest counties in the country are in Virginia and Maryland, right outside Washington, D.C. Public service in the United States has become a lucrative exercise in mutual back-slapping, with numerous well-heeled lobbies eager to pay a cash-strapped congressman outlandish speaker’s fees after he gets them what they want on the legislative floor. And once you’ve climbed aboard the gravy train, it’s hard to get off.

But it’s time for Mitch McConnell, and many others, to get off. Not only is he obviously in poor health, and is unlikely to improve significantly given his advancing age; he also represents the old Republican style of being the accommodationist minority that wants everything the majority wants, only maybe a bit more cheaply or slowly. The time to allow the Democrats, who are increasingly authoritarian and dishonest, to set the agenda is long past.

The fact that McConnell endorses the Jan. 6 nonsense is more of a reason why McConnell should resign than the fact that he has suffered another fall. We all hope he recovers quickly. And then goes home.
It's Time for Mitch McConnell to Retire, PJ Media

Online Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2023, 01:00:32 am »
With all these old farts in congress we have reached a point where we are going to be controlled by the party with the fewest members in the hospital at any given time. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2023, 01:09:12 pm »
With all these old farts in congress we have reached a point where we are going to be controlled by the party with the fewest members in the hospital at any given time.

Excellent Smithers.  :yowsa:
The Republic is lost.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2023, 01:24:15 pm »
75% of people in power, politicians and bureaucrats, are very far past any normal retirement age. When they start dropping, it is going to be a real avalanche. There is coming an era that within a 2 to 3 year window, more than 50% of offices in D.C. will be vacated by death all at once. I say vacated by death because "incapacitation" doesn't count. These guys could be brain dead wheezing in an iron lung in the ICU for years and they will still refuse to give up their seat. That is the extent of their greed and mental sickness.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2023, 09:20:25 pm »
75% of people in power, politicians and bureaucrats, are very far past any normal retirement age. When they start dropping, it is going to be a real avalanche. There is coming an era that within a 2 to 3 year window, more than 50% of offices in D.C. will be vacated by death all at once. I say vacated by death because "incapacitation" doesn't count. These guys could be brain dead wheezing in an iron lung in the ICU for years and they will still refuse to give up their seat. That is the extent of their greed and mental sickness.
Past retirement age is one thing, sadly most of these are well past their 'Best If Used By Date' and are spoiled in more ways than one.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2023, 11:31:06 pm »
GT flies over and drops one on us:
"Past retirement age is one thing, sadly most of these are well past their 'Best If Used By Date' and are spoiled in more ways than one."

Heh.
Most of 'em were "spoiled in more ways than one" from the first day they walked in the doors of the Capitol...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2023, 10:16:37 pm »
JUST IN: Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell Discharged From Hospital
By B911 -
March 13, 2023

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell was released from a hospital after suffering a concussion and a rib fracture at a DC hotel last week.

“At the advice of his physician, the next step will be a period of physical therapy at an inpatient rehabilitation facility before he returns home,” spokesman David Popp said in a statement. “Over the course of treatment this weekend, the Leader’s medical team discovered that he also suffered a minor rib fracture on Wednesday, for which he is also being treated.”
Breaking911

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2023, 10:55:56 pm »
Mitch McConnell Sent to Rehabilitation Facility After Hospitalization for Concussion, Rib Fracture

Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) will be sent to an inpatient rehabilitation facility after being treated at the hospital for a concussion and a rib fracture

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/03/13/mitch-mcconnell-sent-rehabilitation-facility-after-hospitalization-concussion-rib-fracture/

This was more than a concussion..I bet he had a brain bleed....my sister fell, had a concussion with a brain bleed and was in the hospital for 6 days....i think Mitch's injury was more serious than they are saying..
Support the USO