Author Topic: AOC dragged for claiming gas stoves are linked to brain damage  (Read 436 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AOC dragged for claiming gas stoves are linked to brain damage
« on: January 11, 2023, 04:16:01 pm »
AOC dragged for claiming gas stoves are linked to brain damage
By Isabel Keane
January 11, 2023 10:58am  Updated

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) attempted to defend President Biden’s proposed ban on gas stoves in a viral Twitter spat Tuesday — only to be heckled herself by snarky social media users.

“Did you know that ongoing exposure to NO2 from gas stoves is linked to reduced cognitive performance,” the Bronx and Queens lawmaker tweeted in response to Rep. Ronny Jackson (R-Texas) vowing to “NEVER” give up his gas stove.

But the congresswoman’s attempted clap-back backfired, as detractors — mainly politicians and conservative activists — were quick to pile on.

“Is this an attack on @GordonRamsey,” joked Max Avery, a former Arkansas state legislature candidate.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/11/aoc-dragged-for-claiming-gas-stoves-are-linked-to-brain-damage/
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 04:17:35 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: AOC dragged for claiming gas stoves are linked to brain damage
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 04:18:23 pm »
Well then, she must sleep right next to her stove with all the burners on! :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 04:31:17 pm »
Well then, she must sleep right next to her stove with all the burners on! :tongue2:
Should have stuck her head in it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 05:00:12 pm »
She uses a gas stove - but couldn't figure out how to use her garbage disposer. There may be something to her allegation about brain damage.  :silly:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023, 06:28:05 pm »
“Did you know that ongoing exposure to NO2 from gas stoves is linked to reduced cognitive performance,”

NO2?

CH4 + 2O2=>CO2 +2H2O

Where did the Nitrogen come from?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2023, 06:42:31 pm »
NO2?

CH4 + 2O2=>CO2 +2H2O

Where did the Nitrogen come from?

Presumably from the air in which the flame was burning.

Here is a study that claims to have measured the amount of unburned CH4 and NOx emissions from various gas ranges/ovens:  https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.est.1c04707

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2023, 09:39:56 pm »
AOC Describes Her Harrowing Gas Stove Incident...

https://twitter.com/stevenvoiceover/status/1618741962282250242