Author Topic: Ariz. Supreme Court Agrees to Expedite Kari Lake’s Election Lawsuit  (Read 1358 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Conservative Brief by Jon Dougherty March 4, 2023

The Arizona Supreme Court on Friday agreed to expedite a hearing regarding a lawsuit filed by 2022 GOP gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake alleging that election improprieties cost her a victory.

Last month, Lake filed a “Motion To Expedite” the case, arguing that “expeditious action to resolve these issues is needed to safeguard Arizona voters’ right to free and equal elections.”

She argued that the Maricopa County Superior Court and Arizona Court of appeals disregarded the evidence, “ignored this Court’s precedents for reviewing election contests and ratified Maricopa officials’ decision to ignore Arizona’s ballot chain-of-custody (“COC”) and logic and accuracy testing (“L&A testing”) requirements set forth in Arizona’s Election Procedures Manual (“EPM”), and A.R.S. §§16-621(E), 16-449, 16-452(C).”

“The court of appeals’ Opinion denying petitioner Kari Lake’s appeal ruled that Arizona election laws don’t matter,” the filing stated.

The state’s highest court issued its ruling on Thursday, setting a March 21 date to consider whether to accept Lake’s new petition. The court ordered defendants to issue responses by March 13.

More: https://conservativebrief.com/ariz-supreme-2-71319/

Online mountaineer

Speaking of Maricopa County:
DC_Draino
@DC_Draino
Nothing to see here
Just a $38 million payout from the Biden regime to Maricopa County for super important “workforce and foundational capabilities” 3 weeks after they rigged it against Kari Lake in the midterm election
I’m sure there’s no payoffs involved
5:07 PM · Mar 8, 2023

Jonathan
@DecentFiJC
Oh, look… Maricopa also received a generous pile of cash from the CDC.
11/29/2022.
$38,038,092.

2:00 PM · Feb 9, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Speaking of Maricopa County:

Just one more example of how the federal government uses our tax dollars against us.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
AZ Supreme Court denies most but not all of Kari Lake's claims challenging the election verification process

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/az-supreme-court-declines-most-kari-lakes-claims-challenging-election-verification-process

Bummer

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
I find this comment troubling......

"I am 100% dedicated to serving as Arizona governor," she told Fox News Digital. "I will also work to make sure President Trump gets back in the White House ASAP. Anything outside of those two goals is nothing but a distraction."

1.  I am glad she is not fading from the public view.  She has a fire and I think she is pretty good.

2.  Trump is just about DOA as far as I am concerned.  His day has come......and gone.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I find this comment troubling......

"I am 100% dedicated to serving as Arizona governor," she told Fox News Digital. "I will also work to make sure President Trump gets back in the White House ASAP. Anything outside of those two goals is nothing but a distraction."

1.  I am glad she is not fading from the public view.  She has a fire and I think she is pretty good.

2.  Trump is just about DOA as far as I am concerned.  His day has come......and gone.

Earlier had a strong opinion of the lady, but when her biggest priority is trump instead of her fellow citizens?    Says a lot doesn't it?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Earlier had a strong opinion of the lady, but when her biggest priority is trump instead of her fellow citizens?    Says a lot doesn't it?

We'll see what happens. 

If the GOP can come under control, she'll be a great governor.

However, continuing to mention Trump in this state is a mistake. 

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
The AZ Supreme Court rejected several, but not all of her arguments. 

What I have not seen lately is any additional argument for a new election. 

Lake needs to stop claiming she won.  She should keep claiming that the election can't point to a winner (it was botched).  Stay on that point.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

Wonder what she's going to say now that New York is indicting Trump. 

If she gets sucked into this, she'll lose.

Time to let Trump go (and take care of whatever legal issues he has).

Also time to get Desantis ready to kick Joe Biden's backside.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

This isn't going to help her shine.

Trump is history.

I appreciate her loyalty, but she's misplaced it here.

I agree Trump is being targeted....but even if none of this was going on, I'd still not be supporting him.

She was in Iowa and said.....

Lake called for Iowans to question the presidential candidates coming through ahead of the 2024 Iowa caucuses on free and fair elections, and to specifically ask what they think about the 2022 Arizona governor’s race. She said “globalists” are committed to stopping the 2024 election from proceeding fairly, as she claimed they did in 2020 in Trump’s loss and in her Arizona race.

Some candidates being pushed are “Trojan horses,” Lake said, and won’t talk about election results.

“I ask you that every candidate who comes through, when they stand on the stage, when they’re shaking your hand, when they’re walking through town, taking your questions, that you ask them where they stand on election integrity,” Lake said. “And I think you get even more specific: Was the 2022 election here in Arizona stolen? And if they won’t say absolutely yes, that’s a big red flag. … I’ll tell you what, I know that one of them will be honest with you about these elections. And one of them is Donald J. Trump.”

https://iowacapitaldispatch.com/2023/04/06/kari-lake-defends-trump-tells-iowans-to-ask-2024-candidates-about-election-fraud/

Please, Kari, don't fall on your sword.