Author Topic: Schumer: To Protect Democracy, I Need The One Network I Don’t Control To Stop Airing Raw Footage Of  (Read 195 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
thefederalist.com
Schumer Demands Fox Stop Airing Unedited Footage Of Congress
Shawn Fleetwood

Democrat Sen. Chuck Schumer is calling on the owner of Fox News to prevent network host Tucker Carlson from releasing any more footage from the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol that House Democrats hid from the public for two years. Carlson’s team reviewed more than 40,000 hours of video from that day and on Monday aired previously unseen footage that contradicts numerous falsehoods peddled by Democrat politicos and corporate media.

On Tuesday, Schumer melodramatically told reporters that Fox News owner Rupert Murdoch “has a special obligation” to bar Carlson from airing more unedited footage from Jan. 6 “because our democracy depends on it.”

The comments echo remarks Schumer gave during a temper tantrum on the Senate floor earlier in the day, in which he accused Carlson’s Monday night program of being “one of the most shameful hours … ever seen on cable television” and similarly called on Murdoch to prohibit the release of more Jan. 6 footage.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2023/03/08/schumer-to-protect-democracy-i-need-the-one-network-i-dont-control-to-stop-airing-raw-footage-of-congress/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
You can't have 'democracy' if you shut up any dissent.

There's nothing left to vote for.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Somebody on Tucker's staff should dump all of the footage onto a publicly-accessible server, so we can all see the footage and judge for ourselves.  We don't need to have the truth curated for us by people with ulterior motives.

Online mountaineer

I suspect Schmucky has never, ever read the First Amendment.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org