Author Topic: NY teacher at center of pronoun lawsuit called class ‘little sexist children’: ex-student  (Read 161 times)

Offline Kamaji

NY teacher at center of pronoun lawsuit called class ‘little sexist children’: ex-student

By Emily Crane and Alec Gearty
March 8, 2023

A former student of a Long Island teacher accused of forcing a fifth-grade girl to go by male pronouns has claimed she once called his entire class “sexist little children” because they were only playing with classmates of the same gender.

The unnamed student alleged during a contentious school board meeting Monday night that the teacher, Debra Rosenquist, made the remark when he was in her fifth-grade class at Terryville Road Elementary School in Port Jefferson Station.

“One time, I think there were boys in the class and girls in the class and they were hanging out with each other,” the student said as he addressed the Comsewogue School District board.

“She yelled at the whole class that we were all little sexist children,” he continued.

“I was offended personally because my best friend in the class was a girl. It was like ‘Why would she do that to me, I was just a child.’ That affected me and made me very upset.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/03/08/ny-teacher-debra-rosenquist-allegedly-called-class-little-sexist-children/

Offline Kamaji