Author Topic: Centrist 'No Labels' party qualifies for ballot in Arizona in blow to Democrats  (Read 557 times)

Offline corbe

Centrist 'No Labels' party qualifies for ballot in Arizona in blow to Democrats

by Cami Mondeaux, Breaking News Reporter
March 08, 2023 09:14 AM

A centrist third party qualified to appear on the ballot in Arizona in 2024, stoking concerns among left-leaning groups about a “spoiler” candidate who could cost Democrats the presidency and open the door for former President Donald Trump to return to the White House.

The No Labels Party surpassed the minimum number of signatures required to appear on the ballot for statewide and federal races on Tuesday, making Arizona the second state the centrist party can compete in during the 2024 cycle. The group already secured a spot on the Colorado ballot and has vowed to compete for access in at least 23 other states.

“After an extensive review by my office and by county elections officials across the state, the No Labels Party has exceeded the minimum signature requirement and, therefore, qualifies as a new party,” Arizona Secretary of State Adrian Fontes, who oversees election administration, said in a statement. “I am committed to supporting county election officials to ensure that they are prepared for this new addition to the state’s list of parties and any other changes to the 2024 ballot.”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/centrist-third-party-qualifies-for-2024-ballot-in-arizona
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
They should have called it the "No Principles" party.

Offline LMAO

Aren’t these people mostly liberals who refuse to admit they are?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Centrist 'No Labels' party qualifies for ballot in Arizona in blow to Democrats"

Better name:
"No nuthin's"...

Offline corbe

No Labels: The centrist party Democrats fear could play spoiler in 2024

March 12, 2023 06:00 AM

A centrist political group has pledged to create an alternative option for voters in the 2024 election, stoking concerns among left-leaning groups that a “spoiler” candidate could open the door for former President Donald Trump to return to the White House.

No Labels has emerged as a nationwide group actively courting centrists in both parties who could make up a 2024 presidential “unity ticket” that offers an alternative to “divisive” candidates. The group has described these efforts as an “insurance policy” in the 2024 presidential election, vowing to drop its bid if either party manages to provide a candidate whom centrist voters can accept. It is uncertain what is required for a candidate to be deemed "acceptable."

The group has identified both Trump and President Joe Biden as “unacceptable” nominees, meaning a possible rematch between the two could send their plans into full force. This strategy has prompted pushback from several Democratic groups, which argue a third-party ticket would provide a crucial boost to the GOP.

No Labels has already qualified to appear on the ballot in at least two states, including every state and federal election in purple Arizona, meaning the party could also upend next year's Senate race in the state.

Here’s a breakdown of what we know so far about No Labels and what the group plans to do in the 2024 election cycle.

What is No Labels?

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/who-is-centrist-group-no-labels
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
No Labels: The centrist party Democrats fear could play spoiler in 2024

March 12, 2023 06:00 AM

A centrist political group has pledged to create an alternative option for voters in the 2024 election, stoking concerns among left-leaning groups that a “spoiler” candidate could open the door for former President Donald Trump to return to the White House.

No Labels has emerged as a nationwide group actively courting centrists in both parties who could make up a 2024 presidential “unity ticket” that offers an alternative to “divisive” candidates. The group has described these efforts as an “insurance policy” in the 2024 presidential election, vowing to drop its bid if either party manages to provide a candidate whom centrist voters can accept. It is uncertain what is required for a candidate to be deemed "acceptable."

The group has identified both Trump and President Joe Biden as “unacceptable” nominees, meaning a possible rematch between the two could send their plans into full force. This strategy has prompted pushback from several Democratic groups, which argue a third-party ticket would provide a crucial boost to the GOP.

No Labels has already qualified to appear on the ballot in at least two states, including every state and federal election in purple Arizona, meaning the party could also upend next year's Senate race in the state.

Here’s a breakdown of what we know so far about No Labels and what the group plans to do in the 2024 election cycle.

What is No Labels?

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/who-is-centrist-group-no-labels

Just IMO, any 3rd party candidacy, including Trump helps the dims.

The brain dead SOBs who support Pedo Joe make up easy 40% of the electorate.  Just look at his approval ratings.  Who approves the shit we've gone through for 2 years?  Adding a strong middle (centralist) candidate only splits that remaining 60%.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Just IMO, any 3rd party candidacy, including Trump helps the dims.

The brain dead SOBs who support Pedo Joe make up easy 40% of the electorate.  Just look at his approval ratings.  Who approves the shit we've gone through for 2 years?  Adding a strong middle (centralist) candidate only splits that remaining 60%.

Your observation is mine.  I disagree with the view this would hurt the Rats.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Your observation is mine.  I disagree with the view this would hurt the Rats.

The "Party" will appear on 2024 presidential election ballots in Colorado, Arizona and Oregon.

Seeing this I have to agree with Cybers reality check.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
12, 2023 8:30am EDT
The newest political party on the ballot in three states has Democrats terrified
No Labels gained access to the 2024 ballot in three states, and Democrats warn the 'unity ticket' is really a 'spoiler' to Biden's re-election

By Thomas Phippen | Fox News

A political party has won ballot access in three states, aiming to offer voters a viable third-party option for president in 2024, and Democrats are worried the group will act as a "spoiler" to hand the presidency to Republicans.

No Labels, a group that claims to want to give voters a non-extreme presidential option next year, has gained enough support to appear on 2024 presidential election ballots in Colorado, Arizona and Oregon. Criticism of the group varies between those calling it a blatant effort to hurt President Biden's re-election chances to those calling it outright grift.

"Rather than producing a third-party ticket that would defy the overwhelming odds and win, No Labels is on track to field a spoiler who would re-elect Trump or a Trump-like Republican," think tank Third Way said in a memo this week.

As President Biden appears likely to launch a re-election campaign in the coming months and Republicans line up to challenge former President Trump for the GOP nomination, the movement to launch a new third party is drawing attention from both the right and left.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/the-newest-political-party-on-the-ballot-in-three-states-has-democrats-terrified
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The "Party" will appear on 2024 presidential election ballots in Colorado, Arizona and Oregon.

Seeing this I have to agree with Cybers reality check.

Two of those three are blue states, and AZ is purple.  Only so much that can hurt us.