Author Topic: Climate cartels plan to cancel single family homes, private cars  (Read 303 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate cartels plan to cancel single family homes, private cars
By Larry Bell |March 6th, 2023|Economy, Energy|122 Comments

Allysia Finley, a regular Wall Street Journal contributor, posted an article a couple weeks ago titled “The Climate Crusaders Are Coming for Electric Cars Too,” a prophesy consistent with a concerning social control trend I have witnessed as well.

It’s not that “green” lobbies have the necessary public support to succeed in consigning most of us to trade freedoms we take for granted for their enchanted “progressive” visions of ant farm utopia — at least not yet — but don’t count them out just yet either.

Ms. Finley referred to a report issued by the University of California, Davis and “a network of academics and policy experts” called the “Climate and Community Project” which concludes that meeting the left’s net-zero climate goals to save the planet may require a few economic and social life-shifting changes we might not have realized come with the deal.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/03/06/climate-cartels-plan-to-cancel-single-family-homes-private-cars/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=climate-cartels-plan-to-cancel-single-family-homes-private-cars&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=climate-cartels-plan-to-cancel-single-family-homes-private-cars
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Climate cartels plan to cancel single family homes, private cars
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 06:43:03 pm »
They will have to starve us out.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2023, 11:51:36 pm »
Vulcan erupts:
"They will have to starve us out"

Then... that's what they'll do, once they've accumulated enough power.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 08:47:45 am »
They will have to starve us out.
They are working on it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 12:55:21 pm »
After the past few months, I'll bet they add trains to the list. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson