State Chapters > Pennsylvania

Mastriano, unchastened, says he is weighing a Senate run

<< < (2/2)

mountaineer:
I liked Mastriano. But for living 1/2 mile outside of Pa., I would have voted for him in a heartbeat.

Bigun:

--- Quote from: Timber Rattler on March 08, 2023, 11:11:29 am ---Hoopes and Stenstrom don't know what they are talking about, and I would take anything they say or claim with a big heaping grain of salt.  Hoopes in fact is just plain nuts.  I had some direct interaction with her during the last election, and she's hysterical, self-defeating, and impossible to deal with.

Mastriano is a personal friend of mine, whom I knew before he entered politics, and I can say with all certainty that he's the real deal.  As for his campaign, he got ZERO support from the National Republican Party and the Republican Governors Association, both of which preferred having Shapiro in office rather than Doug.  As a result, Doug had to run his campaign based on small donor contributions, amounting to only a few million $$$$, which Shapiro dwarfed with his $75 million straight from the coffers of the DNC and liberal front groups.  Doug still got 2.2 million votes, a record for any Republican candidate for governor over the past 60 year.  So that's what he's trying to build on, rather than quietly fading away in the dark and letting those votes count for nothing.

Doug did an after action review here in which he laid out the good, the bad, and the ugly of the election here:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/2022-pennsylvania-gubernatorial-election-after-action-review_4983400.html?fbclid=IwAR3pG4oe_VEA2TXWv0iOZA8vhe-zCKnaOQwSiu56v7D-UH5V2zaRcq6hVJA

--- End quote ---

That's very interesting @Timber Rattler do you also question what they report happening in the 2020 election?

BTW: first hand knowledge goes a LONG way with me having seen all the BS about Ted Cruz I have.

Timber Rattler:

--- Quote from: Bigun on March 08, 2023, 03:14:21 pm ---That's very interesting @Timber Rattler do you also question what they report happening in the 2020 election?

--- End quote ---

Yes, I do, because much of it is simple wishcasting and misrepresenting what they purportedly saw or heard about. 

While there was undoubtedly some ballot stuffing going on at the voting sites, the real fraud was in the mail-in-votes, with Shapiro getting over 800,000 to Doug's 167,000, long before election day.  And even if all the fraudulent ballots could have been weeded out, Doug still would have likely lost due to sheer numbers of Democrats in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, who simply outnumbered Doug's voters who live between the two cities.

Also, Doug's uncompromising stand against abortion (which I mostly agree with) hurt him badly with independent women, who broke for Shapiro.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version