Author Topic: Vivek Ramaswamy says he received an offer to buy his way into the CPAC straw poll  (Read 443 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Vivek Ramaswamy says he received an offer to buy his way into the CPAC straw poll

Vivek Ramaswamy spoke at CPAC last week and received 1 percent support in the straw poll of potential 2024 Republican primary contenders. | Francis Chung/POLITICO

Shortly after Vivek Ramaswamy, the biotech entrepreneur and anti-woke crusader, announced he was seeking the Republican nomination for president, a political consultant with ties to the Conservative Political Action Conference called his campaign asking if he planned to attend.

If so, the consultant had an offer, a Ramaswamy aide recalled.

“Basically, they were like, if you pay I think it was upward of $100,000, we can get tickets and bus a bunch of people in for the straw poll,” a senior campaign official for Ramaswamy described on the condition of anonymity to share details about the call. “I was taken aback, because I’ve never been to CPAC before, and it’s very activist driven but I think if any of them knew it was an artificial poll, they’d be pretty pissed about that.”

more
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/06/ramaswamy-offer-buy-into-cpac-straw-poll-00085757
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

NY Times reporter tweeted this. Probably should be taken with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Jonathan Swan
@jonathanvswan
Three billionaires who are major G.O.P. donors — Steve Wynn, Ike Perlmutter and Thomas Peterffy, a past DeSantis patron who has publicly soured on him — dined recently with Vivek Ramaswamy, the 37-year-old long-shot Republican.
10:12 AM · May 13, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
We interviewed him on our station the other day.  He's a sharp guy and from what I could hear of his interview makes a lot of sense.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

We interviewed him on our station the other day.  He's a sharp guy and from what I could hear of his interview makes a lot of sense.

His future is bright, that's for sure.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
If he's telling the truth, then winning that straw poll shouldn't mean squat.

If he's not telling the truth, then he should have no future in the GOP or anywhere within conservatism.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
His future is bright, that's for sure.

Perhaps. I've asked him directly, twice now, if his parents were naturalized when he was born and gotten no response. Until I do, there will be no $$ or votes from me.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 04:31:35 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Perhaps. I've asked him directly, twice now, if his parents were naturalized when he was born and gotten no response. Until I do, there will be no $$ or votes from me.

I hear you @Bigun .... And agree.  I just don't know how we get this toothpaste back in the tube.