Author Topic: Farmers’ Protests Erupt in the Netherlands and Belgium Against EU Climate Change Restrictions  (Read 796 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by Vijeta Uniyal Monday, March 6, 2023

The Financial Times: Dutch government is trying to “convince farmers to reduce livestock herds or leave the industry to cut emissions.”

Farmers’ protests have again erupted in the Netherlands and Belgium as European governments enforce radical climate change policies.

To comply with the European Union’s climate diktats, the Dutch, Belgium, and other European governments have pledged to more than halve their emission of greenhouse gases. To meet these radical targets, they are forcing the farmers to cut down on their livestock or go out of business.

In the Netherlands, Europe’s biggest meat exporter, the government is trying to “convince farmers to reduce livestock herds or leave the industry to cut emissions,” the London-based Financial Times reported last week.

Explaining the drastic EU emission cuts, the newspaper added:

The Netherlands will be forced to choose between agriculture or building new homes and infrastructure if it is to meet its climate targets unless the farming sector cuts nitrogen-based emissions, the country’s nature minister has warned.

The emissions clampdown stems from a 2019 decision by the country’s supreme court, which ruled that no more permits to emit nitrogen could be issued because the country had breached EU nature protection laws. This means permits only become available when they are given up by other businesses.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/03/farmers-protests-erupt-in-the-netherlands-and-belgium-against-eu-climate-change-restrictions/

Offline Kamaji

Europeans can be such phenomenally stupid people when they want to.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
But they'll have peas in their time...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
LET THEM EAT SOYLENT GREEN!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

Keean Bexte 🇳🇱
@TheRealKeean
20h
BREAKING: Germany is sending water cannons to The Hauge to help quell a massive surge of farmers heading to the Capital city tomorrow. Farmers are protesting the mass liquidation of their homes and livelihoods.
1:05 PM · Mar 10, 2023

More coverage from this journalist at https://thecountersignal.com/dutch-uprising/
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Bernie's Tweets
@BernieSpofforth
NETHERLANDS- the army is in place.
We are all farmers now 🔥

8:46 AM · Mar 11, 2023

https://twitter.com/BernieSpofforth/status/1634555125120237568

Online mountaineer

Historic Upset in Netherlands as Farmer’s Movement Trumps Ruling WEF RINOs
by Richard Abelson Mar. 16, 2023 10:45 am

A political earthquake hit the Netherlands Wednesday in the wake of massive farmer’s protests as the upstart Farmer’s Movement party passed the ruling People’s Party in provincial elections. “Nobody can ignore us any longer,” said Farmer’s Movement leader Caroline van der Plas.

“The BBB or BoerBurgerBeweging (Farmer-Citizen Movement) party rode a wave of protests against the government’s environmental policies and looked set to have won more Senate seats than Prime Minister Mark Rutte’s conservative VVD party”, Reuters reports. The BBB was strongest party in the Provincial Council elections in all Dutch provinces except urban Utrecht Province.

The Dutch Provincial Councils elect the Dutch Senate May 30, where the ruling RINO government already has no majority. Upstart BBB is now projected to win 15 Senate seats out of 75, passing Prime Minister Mark Rutte’s People’s Party with projected 10 seats. The Green-Left coalition also won 15 seats, and could still conspire with the RINO government to force through a disastrous ban on Nitorgen fertilizer like the one that wrecked Sri Lanka’s economy last year. ...
Gateway Pundit

Not sure what is meant by "RINO" in this context. I guess the author equates the Dutch VVD party and our own establishment GOP.

Online mountaineer

Offline aligncare

Europeans can be such phenomenally stupid people when they want to.

Which Europeans?  The ones enforcing radical climate change policies; or, the ones upon which it’s being enforced?

Anyway, I think nationality is beside the point.  This is about top down, iron fisted rule.  Over what?  (Here’s the stupid part)…climate.  Lord, protect us from those who would say they’re here to help.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I love pitchforks.

and throw in a few torches for good measure.

There was a time in the 17th century that the Dutch were among the wealthiest people on the planet.  I think they need to rise to gain some newly found preeminence
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 01:37:40 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

Which Europeans?  The ones enforcing radical climate change policies; or, the ones upon which it’s being enforced?

Exactly

And those who are doing the enforcing exempt themselves from the disastrous effects of the policies  they enforce upon others
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I have NEVER heard a single scientist speak of the threat of climate change, only stinking politicians and that idiot girl out of Sweden.  I have heard numerous scientists address the fact that climate change is largely a hoax, and cite facts to support their position.

I see climate change as an approach to shut down the USA and parts of Europe foolish enough to buy in, while China and India are polluting more than the world combined.  Idiocracy at its finest.  It is no mystery why China is becoming the dominant country, with the tools that run the USA and Europe hastening the day.  Traitors one and all.  And the worst of them is the Biden Crime Family.