Author Topic: Spotted in DC: An Attempted Carjacking Within Sight of Left-Wing Mob Demanding Reduced Penalties for  (Read 215 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Spotted in DC: An Attempted Carjacking Within Sight of Left-Wing Mob Demanding Reduced Penalties for Carjacking
Just another day in our nation's capital

Andrew Stiles
March 8, 2023
What happened: A Washington, D.C., police officer on Wednesday narrowly thwarted an attempted carjacking at Union Station, where dozens of left-wing activists were protesting in favor of dramatically reduced penalties for carjacking and other crimes.

OTS
"I come out of Union Station and walk into an attempt[ed] car robbery," freelance journalist Andrew Leyden wrote in a Twitter post that included a video of the incident. "Delivery driver left car running and guy jumped in. Another person saw it and called over cop. Robber fled off, running past the D.C. Criminal Reform protest outside (seriously)."

Context: The U.S. Senate was expected to vote Wednesday on a measure to overturn controversial "crime reform" measures adopted by the D.C. city council. The criminal code revisions, approved in 2022, would reduce sentencing guidelines for crimes such as carjacking, burglary, and illegal gun possession. The Republican-led House voted in February to overturn the law, and President Joe Biden last week spoke out against D.C.'s bill as well.

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/washington-dc-crime-scandal/
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 12:25:24 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The left is pulling out all the stops to turn America into a lawless society in hopes of seizing the government and turning it into a police state to "protect" American citizens they ignored to begin with. ****slapping
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.