Author Topic: A great question nobody is asking about Biden’s student loan giveaway plan By Thomas Lifson  (Read 130 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
March 6, 2023
A great question nobody is asking about Biden’s student loan giveaway plan
By Thomas Lifson

I am vehemently opposed to Joe Biden’s illegal assumption of the power to force taxpayers to assume the burden of student loan repayments on college tuition obligations voluntarily entered into. It’s wrong constitutionally, and it’s wrong morally to force other people to pay for services to others that only a minority receive.

Besides, higher education has devolved into a brainwashing arm of the hard left and has lost all claim to be a general public benefit. The education cartel has abused the public with tuition escalating at three times the rate of general inflation for about half a century now, financing useless, expensive, and counterproductive administrative bureaucracies that now equal or outnumber teaching faculty at many institutions.

But David Catron at American Spectator today raises a terrific point that I have never heard mentioned before, one that should trouble even those who do not share my critique: why should college dropouts be rewarded for their failure to complete the degrees to which they aspired?

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/03/a_great_question_nobody_is_asking_about_bidens_student_loan_giveaway_plan.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34