Author Topic: Law Whispering is Dead, Long Live Law Whispering!  (Read 113 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Law Whispering is Dead, Long Live Law Whispering!
« on: March 06, 2023, 12:50:30 pm »
Law Whispering is Dead, Long Live Law Whispering!
18 hours ago Guest Blogger 17 Comments
From Government Accountability & Oversight

By Webadmin

Scotus opinions? We don’ need no stinking SCOTUS opinions!

The Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works has announced a Wednesday confirmation hearing for former Obama Environmental Protection Agency climate guru Joe Goffman to be Assistant Administrator for the Office of Air and Radiation at the EPA. Goffman has served in an acting capacity or otherwise in-waiting since joining the Biden transition team, but this affair had previously succumbed to postponements due to Democratic members failing to show.

Goffman is boasted of in GreenWorld as being the EPA’s “Law Whisperer”, teaching old laws new tricks, as Energy Policy Advocates explained in its amicus brief in State of New York et al. v. (US) EPA. That brief laid out what open records productions show about how progressive state attorneys general offices, led by New York’s, worked with activists to craft a plan to impose the “climate” agenda through the Clean Air Act, somehow. To do so they turned to a network of former EPA employees cum outside activists, having been referred to them following NY OAG’s consultations on the plan with none other than Joe Goffman. Who now awaits confirmation to a position where he gets to decide whether he and his allies pull it off.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/03/05/law-whispering-is-dead-long-live-law-whispering/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson