Author Topic: Ivy League English Professor Stunned After Watching New Students Struggle with High School Work  (Read 255 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ivy League English Professor Stunned After Watching New Students Struggle with High School Work

By Bryan Chai
  March 5, 2023 at 11:44am
Oh, the humanities.

In a delicious twist of irony, The New Yorker magazine penned an essay on plummeting enrollment in the humanities — only to have a tucked-away little nugget of information explain away, perhaps, a big chunk of it.

The article, titled “The End of the English Major,” was written by Nathan Heller and explored why, exactly, “enrollment in the humanities is in free fall at colleges around the country.”

The piece is as fanciful and wordy as one would expect from The New Yorker in 2023, but it does explore a space that should be of some interest to everyone — not just college-loving liberal elites.

Because even conservatives should want to take a peek under the hood of this issue, given how institutional colleges have been when its come to the larger leftist indoctrination of the country.

https://www.westernjournal.com/ivy-league-english-professor-stunned-watching-new-students-struggle-high-school-work/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️