Author Topic: Sununu predicts Trump won’t be 2024 GOP nominee: ‘That’s just not going to happen’  (Read 426 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Sununu predicts Trump won’t be 2024 GOP nominee: ‘That’s just not going to happen’
by Julia Mueller - 03/05/23 10:09 AM ET

New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu (R), a potential 2024 contender, on Sunday predicted that former President Trump, who’s running for another White House term, won’t be the GOP’s nominee when it comes the presidential primaries.

“As far as former President Trump, I think he’s going to run — obviously he’s in the race. He’s not going to be the nominee. That’s just not going to happen,” Sununu said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said last week that she expects the party will ask candidates participating on the GOP debate stage to sign a pledge saying they’ll support whoever eventually clinches the nomination — something Trump himself hasn’t firmly agreed to.

NBC host Chuck Todd on Sunday asked Sununu whether he’d be “comfortable signing that pledge” if Trump was involved.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/3884889-sununu-predicts-trump-wont-be-2024-gop-nominee-thats-just-not-going-to-happen/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Ok, but how much damage will he do running as a third-party candidate?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sununu:
“As far as former President Trump, I think he’s going to run — obviously he’s in the race. He’s not going to be the nominee. That’s just not going to happen,”

Fishrrman:
“As far as governor Sununu, I think he’s going to run — obviously he’s in the race. He’s not going to be the nominee. That’s just not going to happen.”

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Sununu:
“As far as former President Trump, I think he’s going to run — obviously he’s in the race. He’s not going to be the nominee. That’s just not going to happen,”

Fishrrman:
“As far as governor Sununu, I think he’s going to run — obviously he’s in the race. He’s not going to be the nominee. That’s just not going to happen.”

Yeah, that's pretty clear.  While I think it's pretty clear that DeSantis will very quickly become the only alternative to Trump if/when he declares, it could be really interesting if he surprises most folks and doesn't run.  That will leave it to someome else to emerge as the anti-Trump alternative, and that could be an interesting battle.

Offline LMAO

Trump will probably be the nominee but will go on to lose the general election and possibly take our slim House majority with him
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

InteractivePolls
@IAPolls2022

New Hampshire 2024: Trump Holds 41-Point Lead for Republican Nomination

• Trump — 58%
• DeSantis — 17%
• Sununu — 7%
• Haley — 6%
• Pence — 4%
• Pompeo — 2%
• T. Scott — 1%
• Noem — 1%

@EmersonPolling
 1,025 RV | March 3-5
https://emersoncollegepolling.com/new-hampshire-2024-trump-holds-41-point-lead-for-republican-nomination/

9:14 PM · Mar 7, 2023

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Thanks for posting that, RinVa.
I was about to post it, but you beat me to it.

Looks like New Hampshire Republicans are ready to vote almost 2-out-of-3 for the guy that's "just not going to happen"...

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Thanks for posting that, RinVa.
I was about to post it, but you beat me to it.

Looks like New Hampshire Republicans are ready to vote almost 2-out-of-3 for the guy that's "just not going to happen"...

Sure does @Fishrrman  :beer: