Author Topic: 59% of Young People “Extremely Worried” about Climate Change  (Read 183 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
59% of Young People “Extremely Worried” about Climate Change
2 days ago Eric Worrall 88 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

Reaping what our education system sowed.

As climate changes, climate anxiety rises in youth

BY DAVID SCHECHTER, HALEY RUSH, CHANCE HORNER
MARCH 2, 2023 / 9:00 AM / CBS NEWS

Kids often worry about much different things than their parents do. One of the big ones is climate change. Research shows most youth are “extremely worried” about it, leading to a phenomenon called climate anxiety. Kids and young adults who struggle with this can perceive they have no future or that humanity is doomed. 

“We see that a lot of young people are saying, I think my life will be worse than my parents’ lives,” said Dr. Sarah Schwartz, a professor of psychology at Suffolk University in Boston.

A study published last year collected attitudes about climate change from 10,000 people across the world, aged 16-25.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/03/02/59-of-young-people-extremely-worried-about-climate-change/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: 59% of Young People “Extremely Worried” about Climate Change
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 01:25:40 pm »
Heading more ought to read of how a scam can be so effectively planned, and executed that it can brainwash an entire generation.

Wonder how extremely worried they are going to be when they start freezing and strarving?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.