Author Topic: ‘Losing Our Future By Destroying Our Past’  (Read 183 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Losing Our Future By Destroying Our Past’
« on: March 05, 2023, 11:56:52 am »
‘Losing Our Future By Destroying Our Past’
iStock.com/Andrew Morse
By JERRY NEWCOMBE Published on March 4, 2023

Jerry Newcombe
There is a growing war against the past. Our heroes of yesteryear, even George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, are under attack.

I was disheartened to see ads for Hulu presenting a series based on the discredited 1619 Project. As I’ve noted in a column many months ago, the 1619 Project postulates that America began in 1619, when the first black slaves were brought here — not 1776, when the founders declared independence.

Dr. Ben Carson writes on his website:

In recent years,…many people in politics, academia, and the media have questioned the values of the American founding. They have focused on the faults of certain Founding Fathers — along with the undeniable fact that the rights they championed were not originally enjoyed by all Americans — and cast doubt upon whether any of their fancy words are important today.

https://stream.org/losing-our-future-by-destroying-our-past/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: ‘Losing Our Future By Destroying Our Past’
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 12:06:21 pm »
Plus:

Destroying education

Destroying the military

Destroying The Constitution

Turning Americans against each other

Allowing illegal immigration

Creating "sanctuary" cities and states

Putting other countries ahead of America

Accepting wokeness

Congressional staffing based on LGBTQ status rather ability

Congressional money whores who can be purchased

Destroying the rule of law

These are just a few other things that are destroying America.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson